Hi folks,

OK - this is an odd question so completely accept if it's outside the expertise of users here. But just thought I'd chance asking... My XTrend ET10000 has a stereo audio out on the back. The box is sitting beside an old stereo amplifier that only has twin rca inputs (the old red and white stereo leads). I love the amp (and the radio that's attached to it) so that's staying. I did think 'why not connect the XTrend to the old amp' for matches and the like to pump up the volume in the room a bit.

So I did. And it works great - when connected. But I do get a big 'DC thump' from the speakers when I select the XTrend input on the amp. I had a look and my XTrend only has a two-core power supply cable. So the chassis of the XTrend box is clearly not grounded - and I would think that's the most likely cause of the crack/bang when I switch to it/select that input on the amp.

So... has anyone grounded the case of their linux receiver? Is it safe to do so? Would love to hear some feedback on the idea. I tried using my google-fu to find the answer but haven't hit gold yet.