I need some advice regarding a new satellite receiver.

I've been using a Technomate TM5200D for a few years and it's done pretty much all I have wanted - general watching and a little bit of feed hunting too. Unfortunately it packed-up a week or two ago, so I've been using an old TM1500 CI+ Super (which was my first receiver), but the tuner sensitivity in it isn't great, so I'm in the market for a new, cheap receiver.

I can get a refurbished TM5200D for £25-ish off eBay, or I could splash out a bit more and get the much newer TM5402 HD M3 which looks nice. Whilst researching on the internet I came across a couple of interesting looking Linux-based receivers, i.e. the Technomate TM-Nano SE and the Vu+ Zero, which are both around my price range.

Unfortunately I know nothing about Linux but am quite prepared to learn and tinker if there's a good source of information and it doesn't take months ;-)

I have 3 fixed dishes - a 1.1m, an 88cm and an old Sky dish, which between them have 9 LNBs in all, feeding through a couple of diseqc switches, so I'd need a receiver capable of being able to deal with these, which I suppose pretty much any receiver can - just making sure ;-)

Also, my girlfriend's Norwegian, and on both my old Technomates she could watch NRK as I'd installed a softcam on them a couple of years ago. This softcam support for the Technomate receivers seems to have stopped now as they've got older, so can anyone tell me if there is an equivalent for the above Linux receivers? What are the "images" that I keep seeing mentioned?

Can any of the experts here advise me please as I really don't know what to get?

The easy way would be to just get the refurbished TM5200D or the new TM5402 HD M3, but I think there may be an opportunity here for me to leap into new territory, but I *do* need a "softcam" equivalent.

Thanks