Hi

I am a member of another forum which is dedicated to the my previous PVR. This PVR is slowly becoming obsolete and many/most users are looking for replacements (as I did prior to buying a Gigablue Quad Plus)

I am now at the point where I intend to post on that other forum my feelings and experience with the Gigablue.

I am sorry to say that I will be recommending others NOT to buy a Gigablue.

The main reason is that the main and primary function of a PVR is to record and replay TV programmes fails with this machine. I have NOT YET managed to watch a single programme all the way through without blocking/freezing/skipping forward by several minutes, and some are just plain unwatchable. The very same recordings can be watched all the way through if copied over to my PC or, streamed to my PC.

This may or may not be down to the software (I am using VIX 041 at the moment), but in any case, failing to fulfill its main function makes it impossible to recommend this box.

There are many issues discussed on this forum, and it *seems* to me that there may be driver issues that could be the root cause of this - whatever the cause, the manufacturer needs to wake up if they want to make any success of this box.

BTW, the issues I have are not limited to the above alone, there are a few other issues of lesser but annoying importance.

I will post a copy of this post on the other forum also.