Hi

Newbie alert so please be gentle !! (and sorry in advance for the long post)

I bought a TM Nano OE from this site, bought a motorized dish setup too trying to get it to operate and failing miserably

My Equipment setup is as follows:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
TM Nano OE (flashed with a Vix image) 500gig external hdd

1m dish no name on it...

Allsat supreme intelligent dark motor ( DiSEqC 1.2 & Goto "X" protocols)

TM TS-1 LNB

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Location Details:

Latitude = 57,13.54 N
Longitude = 02,41.32 W

So I have my mount and pole installed plum in both planes checked with a digital, analog inclinometers

Dish-motor set to "0" & pointing to true south, then dish itself pointing due south too.

Dish motor angle set to my latitude of 57 degree's as per the motor's instruction, then dish declination angle set to 27.2 degree's again as per instructions.

I relatively happy with the install quality, I'm quite anal in this respect being a mechanical engineer so I took my time to try to get this all spot on..

I thought I was reasonably competent with the software side of things, boy do I feel like a school kid again or what !!

So i just need a sanity check (or a shake) to see if what i am trying to do is right or wrong

The way I read it is that you set everything (dish motor etc) to true south, then in the receiver tell the motor to point to a set point, in my case I chose 0.8 W Thor. and once the motor drives the dish to said point you check/fine tune with either the sat finder function or an acoustic/analog sat meter.

Does my methodology seem sound ?

if so, I will explain how I thought I would set it up on my receiver (please correct me if I'm wrong)

So I would drill down the menu's to get the following

Menu ---> Setup ---> Service Searching ---> Tuner configuration, in there my settings would be:

Config Mode = Simple

Longitude = 02,41.32 W

Latitude = 57,13.54 N

Save these setting and back on out of the menu to get back to " Service Searching" the drill in again to: Positioner Setup

Tune & Focus

Tune = Predefined

Sat = 0.8 W thor 5/6

Transponder = 10716,H,24500

Then back out again and go to "movement" to test the motor is actually moving (which it seems it is but is jerky)

Then I thought I would go to "Positioner Setup" and use undertake the following :

set the "GOTO" to = 0.8 W to drive the dish to this point then use a meter or the "Sat Finder" function to physically align the dish to get the best possible signal strength.
and once that is all done & dusted, i would do an "automatic scan" to see it the box/dish will find everything.

Does this sound right or wrong ?

As i have tried and tried, check and rechecked my lat/lon with dishpointer.com with my Tom Tom, and google maps all getting much & such the same co-ordinates.

But still I dont seem to get a lock on thor after moving the dish in both horizontal & vertical planes, I have re-checked my cable connections from LNB ---> Motor ---> Receiver as I'm not convinced the motor is moving properly there is two LED's (green/red) and they flash but not consistently. And I cannot seems to physically get the dish to visually move to a certain location when i send a goto command

Any ideas before I go sit in the corner and hatch a plan how to best destroy the infernal thing...

Regards