Hi guys, long time lurker on this great forum. Exceptionally rare poster.

I'm buying a house and it's due for completion in January. I have a satellite guy going in beforehand to install a standard zone 2 (I live in NI) dish that will be setup for 28.2 e only. Nothing fancy just a standard setup. He will be putting in a quad lnb and running the sat cables down the existing aerial co-ax conduits giving me two sat outputs in both the living room and my bedroom, essentially 4 separate feeds.

So with that I'm in the market for a decent, well built receiver. Given that buying a house has the usual financial constraints associated with it, I've been eyeing the TM nano for while as it literally ticks all the boxes for me starting off. I like the price, the fact that it can house an internal hd and technomate build quality and reliability seem good.

I want to buy it from the forum sponsor but...

On the description page it states the following: "PLEASE NOTE: This receiver runs on an opensource Linux Enigma 2 operating system, completely different to Technomate non-linux receivers. Please do your research prior to purchasing, DO NOT purchase this receiver if you do not understand that what you're purchasing. This receiver is offered for sale to competent enthusiasts with knowledge of networking, FTP, and Telnet/SSH."

Now I have to admit, I'm no computer wiz, but I would rate my knowledge above average and I am always willing to explore and learn knew things. Would using this box prove to be above my knowledge? Is the learning curve relatively straight forward?

I should also add that I'm a mac user' does this have any impact on my ability to run one of these boxes?

I appreciate that first time posts with lots of questions are the norm round here and sometimes met with contention but I sincerely appreciate the help and feedback from anybody that reads and responds to the above. I'm just a new guy trying to find his feet is all lol.

Anyway thanks for reading and thanks in advance for your help!

P.s. Great forum!