Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Big smiles are on the close horizon

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Big smiles are on the close horizon

I have been a TM-2T owner since around April, this was my first foray into linux boxes and "wow" what a learning curve. Not only learning all about linux boxes and Enigma but of course the long running driver problems that the 2T has had.

Since the new Kernel and Driver have been installed everything is going great. No lip sync issues , no recording problems, no stutter (so far no unexplained crashes).

It is also testament to the great support I have received on here from the likes of Rob Van der Does, Phoenix, the Judge, Mister Mister and everyone else who has helped me along the way.

My setup now looks like this: TM-2T upstairs on fixed 28.2, TM-2T downstairs on motorised dish. Plugins on both machines are OnDemand, TSMedia, IPTV list updater, EPG Translator and of course the excellent Remote Stream Channel Convert. An NFS share is setup on both machines to access each 300Gb external Hard drive.

The only thing I really need to learn about now is streaming to my phone outwith the house, that will come.

To everyone who is new to linux boxes and the TM-2T in particular all I can say is stick with it it may be a huge learning curve and be frustrating at times but onve you get that hang of it, it is powerful bit of equipment

2. The Following User Says Thank You to scottmcroberts For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (12-09-13)