Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: unable to flash gigablue ue

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks

unable to flash gigablue ue

unable to flash gigablue ue
    I have downloaded the latest vix image for the receiver
    Extracted the files.
    Copied the gigablue folder over usb pen drive formatted as fat 32. (gigablue/ue/8files)
    Turned the receiver of.
    Inserted the usb stick.
    Restarted the box.

It boots straight back into vix. The reason I want to reinstall is at the moment I am unable to install any kind of plugins either ipk, or form the plugins menu, it hangs and crashes the receiver and then reboots.
    I keep getting the following message: after trying to install the ipk from tmp

Collection errors.
    *Parse_from_stream-nomalloc: Excessively long line at 7. Corrupt file. the plugins I was trying to install ended in mipsel32.ipk

I have also done a factory restore on the image but the problem is still there.

at the moment its on
    vix3.0
    Build 668
    Drivers 2013-30-11
    Last update 2013-05-21

I have tried now several usb keys which all work on the gigablue quad.
    Also have used hp format tool to format the usb sticks to fat32

Is there any other way around this, like copying the file to my external hard drive which is set for epg and recordings, which vix can see.

Or has anyone got a backup for the above receiver that I could install through vix.

at the moment its on
    vix3.0
    Build 668
    Drivers 2013-30-11
    Last update 2013-05-21

Any help or info greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by bacon_&_cabbage; 03-09-13 at 15:31.