Quote Originally Posted by frankblueking View Post
I guess I am a royalist but whether I am or not is not the point, these scum hide in bushes and take pictures for one reason only, to make profit at the expense of others. They respect no one and resort to underhand methods to compromise people. Lock them up and throw the key away. This has nothing to do with freedom of the press!!
A lawyer I saw on BBC news commenting on this affair said that in France it's not illegal to take "snooping" photos so long as they are taken on or from a public road there. So even if the French police had stopped the photograher(s), they could'nt arrest them. If it was within the UK they most certainly would have been arrested for breach of the peace and the photos erased.
As to it being or not being a freedom of the press matter, the editor of Se og Hør thinks it is his freedom to publish them while the danish tv news reported the story showing the photo's cencored, so the freedom to do or not to do is clearly being excersised here.
My original rant was because the uk reporting of all this is bias towards censoring (the photos being striped out over the naughty bits).