Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Twin tuner configuration advice

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks

Twin tuner configuration advice

Hi Guys, still doing my best trying to configure the Ultimo

Tomorrow (Friday) the sat guy is coming to set up a second dish on my roof...
    The second dish will be fixed towards 19.2 with a twin LNB... my current dish is motorized with a single LNB.

Have I understood it correctly when I say that with a single LNB you can record one channel of choice and simultaneously only watch another channel within the same transponder? Now, if I add a twin LNB can I then record one channel and watch any other channel on the same satellite even if they are on different transponders?

By adding a twin LNB to my motorized dish, would I then be able to do the following:
    record 2 channels simultaneously on 19.2e (fixed dish) and at the same time record another channel on 0.8w while I watch whichever channel on the same sat?

What would be the result of having a quad LNB on one or both of the dishes?

Over to the internal HDD... how do you normally manage that?
    I installed the mediaplayer plugin to access recordings... is there some other way to access it in an easy way?
    How do you delete recordings from within the GUI?
    How do you do to record something which is scheduled to air in lets say 2 weeks from now and how would you know what will be aired in 2 weeks from now?

Ohh.. strange... the internal HDD is 2TB and it shows "capacity: 2000.398 GB - Free: -1 MB ???? did a 5 minute test recording only ... do I have to format it or something?

Thanks for your patience / Q
    Last edited by qpush; 06-01-12 at 01:10.