Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: DM 800 HD PVR Image advice

scooby81

DM 800 HD PVR Image advice

Hi everyone,

Can anyone give me some advice.

I have a original DM800 HD PVR running Nabilosat Black Hole V0.12 (Enigma: D2009.10.06.09.37.50)

Everything seems to be runing fine except glitching on specific channels.

Someone told me that the image is running is out of date and I should be running something newer:

"You are still using the old image mate try newer version like Darkstar 2 or Pli Jade image. "

Anyone have any experience or advice to share?

Thank You

Scooby

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    yes the image you are using is a older image i would try OPENPLI or the new Dreamboxuk image which it self is based on the openpli image.

now as far as glitching goes, is this happening on all channels or just the premium ones ? and how do you receive your channels, official sub card or cardshare.
    please bear in mind that we have very strict rules on this forum with regards to cardsharing and it is a topic we can not and will not get into.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

scooby81
    Hi Phoenix

Thanks for the very prompt reply.

Its only the premium channels, and its an official sub card

Where you referring to the image: DreamboxUK_v1.1_DM800 posted by Rossi here?:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...xUK_v1.1_DM800

I have downloaded it, read good things, just not sure whether to take the plunge!

Thanks again

Scooby

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yes that was the image i was referring to.

i am also a moderator on the home forum of that image and would highly recommend it.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

scooby81
    Cool thanks for the advice.

I noticed your VIX signiture - today I was messing around with the VIX team picons - very cool!

Is there a guide / tutorial on flashing and installing this image?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Scooby it should be pretty straightforward. Power up your dm800 box keeping the front panel button, it will go in STOP mode and then go via the web browser to the ip of your dm800 and flash the image.
    Sorry for messing around this topic, however would ViX team consider to have a nice image for dm800 or it will be solely dedicated to VU+ and Xtrend?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
    Scooby it should be pretty straightforward. Power up your dm800 box keeping the front panel button, it will go in STOP mode and then go via the web browser to the ip of your dm800 and flash the image.
    Sorry for messing around this topic, however would ViX team consider to have a nice image for dm800 or it will be solely dedicated to VU+ and Xtrend?
    we have said a few times in the past that we are not against the prospect of releasing DM images but we do not possess the receivers to fully test any images we create for these boxes and without testing those images we would never consider releasing them.

SIMPLES.