Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: qbox hd mini not booting up

Title
    Thanks

qbox hd mini not booting up

hi guys,my qboxhd mini has stopped working suddenly,it wont boot up,it wont take a flash with the usb sticks,it just sticks on the booting up part,i opened it up to see if the tuner was seated correctly,it was,any ideas on getting anything out of this box?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,036 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Is there anything on the front screen?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    Thanks
    yep.the welcome to qbox screen,wee penguin,booting up and the ip address of the qbox

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Ok don't sound too bad then. Sounds like it may need a re-flash. Maybe wait for Bassethound to come online later. He's quite good with the Qbox mini
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    Thanks
    thanks mate,im trying the qbox updater utility but im on windows 7 and i dont think its compatible as its not connecting to the box,thanks anyway mate.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    the qbox updater utility works with windows 7 even the x64 this is how you use it to flash a new bootloader

How to Flash a new BootloaderTo You Qbox Mini HD

1. Download both the QBox HD Updater software and the latest bootloader file

2. Use this software to flash the bootloader to the Mini, it's all done over your local network (rather than a USB or serial update for example) so you'll need to enter the IP address, username and password of your QBox Mini, select the IP address of your local PC that you run the updater software on (or just use the automatic one) then click on recovery tool which will pop up a box telling you to turn your receiver on at the mains

3. Do this now but make sure you hold in the standby button at the same time (important on a Mini) and if all the settings were correct after a few seconds the Mini should be seen and then a box will pop up where you can select the bootloader file you downloaded before, select that and then let it do the rest.... After a few mins or so the process should finish and tell you it's complete
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (28-07-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    How to flash Duolabs QBox HD Mini firmware using USB stick

Items required:

2 x USB Sticks - Formatted to FAT32 is the best option – Use HP Format Tool for formatting if you have any problems with the USB not being seen by the QBox HD Mini after formatting using Windows.

You will normally be provided with a single 2GB USB stick with your QBox HD Mini, you will also require a second USB stick of at least 1GB to perform a firmware update (1 USB stick holds the file system and stays permanently connected to the QBox HD Mini which the other is only used when performing firmware/software updates, it can then be disconnected.

QBox HD Mini Receiver – This guide is good for the Duolabs QBox HD Mini only

We’ll refer to the original USB stick supplied with your receiver as (PEN1) and your second USB stick as (PEN2)

1) Turn OFF your QBox HD Mini and remove the original USB stick (PEN1) if already connected to the receiver.

2) Download your chosen Image file (not the Boot Image) from the forum and save it to your Windows PC. The image files will be in a .TBZ or .ZIP file for easy download.

3) Uncompress the .TBZ or .ZIP file using WinRar or WinZip. After uncompressing the file you will find a folder called “qboxhd_update” containing the firmware update files.

4) Insert the original (PEN1) USB stick into your PC USB port and format it (PEN1) as FAT32 with quick format option (this is the bit where you might want to use the HP format tool rather than Windows own format tool – We’ll leave that up to you to decide!).

5) Insert the second USB stick (PEN2) into your Windows PC and format it as FAT32 with quick format option (again you might prefer to use the HP format tool to do this).

6) Copy the “qboxhd_update” folder and its files onto the second USB stick (PEN2).

7) Insert (PEN1) which should now be blank and formatted in FAT32 and (PEN2) which should now contain “qboxhd_update” folder and its updating files into the QBox HD Mini USB ports. It doesn't matter which ports the two USB Sticks (PEN1 and PEN2) are inserted into, you can use any of them.

8) Turn ON the QBox HD Mini with both USB Sticks inserted and after around 15 seconds an image will appear on the screen with loading information and after around another 10 seconds the loading image will disappear and be replaced with “UPDATE IN PROGRESS “.

9) The QBox HD Mini will now go through the process of updating the firmware and transferring between one USB stick and the other as required. Do not power off the receiver until the update is finished which can take several minutes.

10) When the updated is finished the LCD display will tell you it’s complete and you can now turn off the QBox HD Mini and remove the second USB stick (PEN2) from the receiver, do not remove the original USB stick (PEN1) as this is what now contains your system files, without this being inserted your QBox HD Mini will fail to boot.

11) That’s it, you have now flashed your new firmware file! Turn on the QBox HD Mini (and ensure you are connected to your local network if required) and you should now find the receiver will fully boot and take you to your start screen (which can vary depending on the firmware you loaded).

REMEMBER IT CAN TAKE SEVERAL MINUTES TO BOOT UP FROM COLD AFTER A NEW FIRMWARE INSTALL, SO PLEASE ALLOW IT TIME TO DO SO RESISTING THE TEMPTATION TO KEEP PRESSING KEYS ON THE REMOTE CONTROL IF AT ALL POSSIBLE

thanks

conchobair

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If you are going to flash any of the latest images you must up date the bootloader first bootloader and images are here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/fo...Mini-HD-Images

i would recommend Roy Image BKP QBOXHDMINI 5.5.2011 as the newer one Roy Image BKP QBOXHD 26.6.2011 would not flash for me

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for all that mate,i will try that after my dinner and let you know how i get on.thank you.

Title
    Thanks
    still no joy mate,the recovery bit worked successfully,but when i put the 2 usb sticks in and try to flash an image its still doesnt get past the boot up screen!!!

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    are you putting just the update_qbox folder in the root of your update usb pen? not inside another folder. Just a thought my friend.

Title
    Thanks
    its not that mate,i shall try again with the latest bootloader tomorrow,the big bottles of stella have got the better of me.night night.

Title
    Thanks
    didnt work with the newest bootloader,still not getting past the booting up screen,any other ideas chaps?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Have you tried a standard USB flash? http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...sing-USB-stick with firmware that suits your current bootloader?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Did you fully format both usb sticks with the HP Format Tool to fat32 before trying to flash a new image?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast