Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Some dm500 advice, mountpoint for epg

Title
    Thanks

Some dm500 advice, mountpoint for epg

I am currently trying to get a 3 day epg onto my dm500s. I am using the mountmanager on my web browser but I believe I am entering the wrong information in regards to the directory boxes and setting up the shared directory on my laptop. I have a macbook but also have a windows xp on another partition. So instructions on one or both would be great.

My next issue is my jade pli image, I like it and think it is very good. Was told that it is outdated and to get openpli, I think thats what they said, cant find the post. Any opinions..

Third issue is bouquets. I want to have the channel numbers changed that are the same as sky, 101, 102 etc. I downloaded silverfox bouquets but when I press 101 it doesnt go to bbc 1.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thejoker View Post
    I am currently trying to get a 3 day epg onto my dm500s. I am using the mountmanager on my web browser but I believe I am entering the wrong information in regards to the directory boxes and setting up the shared directory on my laptop. I have a macbook but also have a windows xp on another partition. So instructions on one or both would be great.

My next issue is my jade pli image, I like it and think it is very good. Was told that it is outdated and to get openpli, I think thats what they said, cant find the post. Any opinions..

Third issue is bouquets. I want to have the channel numbers changed that are the same as sky, 101, 102 etc. I downloaded silverfox bouquets but when I press 101 it doesnt go to bbc 1.
    HI, as I've only recently done all this myself its still pretty fresh in my mind.

1.) in the web/if (Mount Manager) click ADD
    2.) Description = "DM500s HDD Share"
    3.) FileSystem Type = 1 CIFS (for Windows)
    4.) Client Directory = /media/hdd
    5.) Server Directory = share name on your PC
    6.) Remote Host Name/IPs = your PC IP address
    7.) username = username on PC that has full access to the share
    8.) password = password for above username

save that, mount it and then you can set your EPG to be stored on the share.

I also use the silverfox (now VIX TEAM) bouquet
    download DreamBoxEdit and use this to copy across the bouquet - I had a problem with this once and had to remove the existing bouquet via the blue button on the remote and then use DBE to upload the Scy Bouquet.

hope that helps

B.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to britishsm For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (05-08-11),miguelrp (03-10-13)