Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oneforall's Vu Nuggets #02: Better and Smarter Graphical Multi-EPG

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andyblac View Post
    make a backup of your current version if required. (located in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/GraphMultiEPG)

here you go guy's, just ftp into your /tmp folder and type the following in a telnet session or use the ipkg installer from your blue button.

Code:
    ipkg install /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-graphmultiepg_andyblac-mod-r1_all.ipk
    use the BLUE button to access the setup menu

hope you like.

andy.
    Thanks to all for the hard work !

I tried this with DE and the default skin but it greenscreens when I press blue for the setup.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrouble View Post

I tried this with DE and the default skin but it greenscreens when I press blue for the setup.
    My guess is that the skin doesn't have information in it to deal with the the blue button... Unless andy can clarify any other reason?

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrouble View Post

i am really sorry , i had left in a bit of code i was testing. here is the fixed version that should work.

just install as before and it will update it.

andy.
    Last edited by andyblac; 16-07-10 at 09:42. Reason: found bug

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andyblac For This Useful Post:

elgeneral (23-07-10),Sicilian (16-07-10),xtrouble (16-07-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi.

Have added the newest upload, and although it looks great, and is nice to be able to edit, I've noticed that there are some lines that scroll across. Looks like it's the default where they're expecting 9 items per page (as when I selected 9, it game me error about picons being too big, but with 8, it fits them fine, but gives me the horrible lines). I've attached a screenshot below:

multiepg.jpeg

Hopefully this can be sorted

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    Hi.

Have added the newest upload, and although it looks great, and is nice to be able to edit, I've noticed that there are some lines that scroll across. Looks like it's the default where they're expecting 9 items per page (as when I selected 9, it game me error about picons being too big, but with 8, it fits them fine, but gives me the horrible lines). I've attached a screenshot below:

multiepg.jpeg

Hopefully this can be sorted
    the lines are an issue with MY skin beta, not the plugin, i give you an update of my skin soon , as for the picons, the plugin checks to see if they can fit in the gap with the number of items chosen, if they won't fit in the space give will give you a message asking to reduce the number of item or disable pcions.

as i dont think the skinning engine in Enigma2 can resize images only crop them. so i thought it would be batter to give you a choice of what to do.
    andy.
    Last edited by andyblac; 16-07-10 at 18:24.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    the lines are an issue with MY skin beta, not the plugin, i give you an update of my skin soon , as for the picons, the plugin checks to see if they can fit in the gap with the number of items chosen, if they won't fit in the space give will give you a message asking to reduce the number of item or disable pcions.
    cheers, look forward to update As for the number of items thing, I knew how they worked, just stating the point that it worked perfectly when having 9 items in the list (altho probably not well worded )

as i dont think the skinning engine in Enigma2 can resize images only crop them. so i thought it would be batter to give you a choice of what to do.
    andy.
    Yup, sounds a much better option imo

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    cheers, look forward to update As for the number of items thing, I knew how they worked, just stating the point that it worked perfectly when having 9 items in the list (altho probably not well worded )
    what would you suggest ?

andy.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    argh (screaming at myself ) ... I meant I'd not worded it well Nothing to do with your wording

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks

mod version V0.3,adds new setting options.

OK guys another update, i have now added 2 new options to setup menu.

1) Use "OK" as as zap, if this is enabled the "OK" button on the remote wil zap to channel highlighted channel and "RED" will activate the information. if Disabled you get the reverse.
    2) Close EPG on zap, this closes the plugin on zap to a channel.

if you can think of anything else you want in there ask, and i will see what i can do.

Andy.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to andyblac For This Useful Post:

elgeneral (23-07-10),pooface (23-07-10),Sicilian (23-07-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Cheers for the update Andy...

One question that I think would be good, is an option to be able to choose a different bouquet when looking through the list, like in the dream-elite image.

Currently, I'm using the vti image, and remember when I used the dream-elite image, I could press button 3 when looking at a different bouquet to the one I'm currently watching in the channel lists, and it would show the epg multi for that bouquet. With the vti image, only way to get the multi-epg is to go to long blue, or long epg button. But this only shows the current bouquet.

If that's not possible, then is there a way to get it to work like it originally did (before any updates to it), but instead of going to the first bouquet in the list, it goes to the currently selected one?! Maybe have 2 different uploads, one for de image (which doesn't need that option), and one for others...

Think that's the only update that I could do with being done at the mo... Otherwise, it seems perfect to me

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    two more changes credit to coolman

change the line
    w = int(width/10*1);
    to
    w=110
    if using picons it will move the chanel guide level with the picons.

and change the line
    def __init__(self, selChangedCB=None, timer = None, time_epoch = 120, overjump_empty=True):
    to
    def __init__(self, selChangedCB=None, timer = None, time_epoch = 120, overjump_empty=False):

this allows you to still scroll down and select channels with no epg listings.

Again credit to Coolman
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Cheers for the update Andy...

One question that I think would be good, is an option to be able to choose a different bouquet when looking through the list, like in the dream-elite image.

Currently, I'm using the vti image, and remember when I used the dream-elite image, I could press button 3 when looking at a different bouquet to the one I'm currently watching in the channel lists, and it would show the epg multi for that bouquet. With the vti image, only way to get the multi-epg is to go to long blue, or long epg button. But this only shows the current bouquet.

If that's not possible, then is there a way to get it to work like it originally did (before any updates to it), but instead of going to the first bouquet in the list, it goes to the currently selected one?! Maybe have 2 different uploads, one for de image (which doesn't need that option), and one for others...

Think that's the only update that I could do with being done at the mo... Otherwise, it seems perfect to me
    button 1 - 5 change the time scale
    button "<" & ">" to skip a page at time (left or right)
    press Channel + & Channel - to change bouquet

i guess i should do help screen hehe

Andy.
    Last edited by andyblac; 23-07-10 at 22:40.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to andyblac For This Useful Post:

pooface (24-07-10)

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mickbrush View Post
    two more changes credit to coolman

change the line
    w = int(width/10*1);
    to
    w=110
    if using picons it will move the chanel guide level with the picons.
    that is a bad idea, because if you don't have pcions for ALL the channels, you will cut off the Channel name.

and change the line
    def __init__(self, selChangedCB=None, timer = None, time_epoch = 120, overjump_empty=True):
    to
    def __init__(self, selChangedCB=None, timer = None, time_epoch = 120, overjump_empty=False):

this allows you to still scroll down and select channels with no epg listings.

Again credit to Coolman
    this is NOT needed in my version, as skipping blank channels is an OPTION in settings already

andy.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i have all the icons for the two sats i watch so works well for me. I just thought that it would be a good option for people who want to use picons rather than having a big empty block on the screen, i see you have my second sugestion covered sorry i did not check the new update.

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i have all the icons for the two sats i watch so works well for me. I just thought that it would be a good option for people who want to use picons rather than having a big empty block on the screen, i see you have my second sugestion covered sorry i did not check the new update.
    can i ask whats sats ? i need a FULL picon for 28.2e do you have that ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast