Hi all, I opened an account for 90 days with Filesonic, having been with Rapidshare for over five years, I am finding that I often can't get download speeds of more than 30kps, sometimes as low as 11kps, all my downloads with Rapid were up at 3meg
In fact a couple of days ago I tried to download a file and got a speed of 11kps so I closed it and used the free service at rapid and still got 270kps
I emailed Filesonic and explained everything, and they have never replied, so I went onto their website and filed a complaint clearly explaining the sittuation,
Several days later I received notice that the complaint had been answered, so I log in to find all I have is a stupid automated reply giving pathetic advice like make sure you are logged on.
I replied asking them to actually read what I had written in the complaint where I had clearly given them information about files downloaded from their servers which I pay for, and the same files being downloaded considerably faster from any free service.
I gave it a couple of days and logged on to see if there is a sensible reply or help of some sort, only to find they have just completely deleted it, it's not even in the dealt with or closed items.

So if you want that kind of customer care and after sales service
Filesonic is for you