Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: technomate TM600

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

technomate TM600

totaly new to sat and sat boxes, been on cable for 5 years, so newbie on board, anyway i`ve just bought a technomate TM 600 [ just waiting on it being shipped ] i do not have a dish just now, that should be fitted next weekend [ a sky engineer is going to fit it for me ] so when i receive the box, will it have a image on it, what files will i need to put in the box, can i do thid without the dish, or should i wait till the dish is fitted, is this system a bit like the cable boxes, or totaly different, lots of help needed, Thanks !! [ all noob questions of course ]
    What else can i say !!.....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dugJTYz-JR4&feature=em-subs_digest

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts

Re: technomate TM600

You would need to flash with the latest UR image, then I'm pretty sure CCcam is added through addons menu. A member who joined today know know more about the TM600 than me, I'll pm him for you & get him to reply here with the info you need
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks

Hi mate great choice of box first off all as they are very easy to setup for a first timer to linux. to get the best out of the box you will have to join a server or card share yourself but i dont think we can go into that too much here just google it as you will find out more.

With regards to the image the latest one is UR 20-1-10 although even if you load an earlier one you can upgrade to the latest images with the touch of a button. once you have installed the image will then ask you for time and language settings then for satellite configuration but that all depends on what type of dish you have once you have done that exit dont scan for any channels as there is no need to you can download them after.
    Press the blue button the password is 0000 then download the latests CCcam which atm is 2.1.4. ones thats done then install the your channel settings that your prefer when you go into the blue panel again you will see 2 options near the button saying motorised or non motorised now depending on what type of dish configuration you have select the appropraite settings for your system.

softcam keys can be downloaded by pressing the red button

the latest image is attached to the thread if you get stuck let us know

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Latest OpenVix Found Here

Latest E2 Settings Can Be Found Herehttp://www.world-of-satellite.com/fo...gma-2-Settings

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

you can upgrade to the latest images with the touch of a button. once you have installed the image will then ask you for time and language settings then for satellite configuration but that all depends on what type of dish you have once you have done that exit dont scan for any channels as there is no need to you can download them after.
    Press the blue button the password is 0000 then download the latests CCcam which atm is 2.1.4. ones thats done then install the your channel settings that your prefer when you go into the blue panel again you will see 2 options near the button saying motorised or non motorised now depending on what type of dish configuration you have select the appropraite settings for your system.
    softcam keys can be downloaded by pressing the red button

[/quote]

ok cypchris thanks for this, now here`s where i may fall flat with these`s boxes, i have never ever had my box on the internet, so do i believe that theses box HAVE to be on the net ?? [ highlighted in red sound like it ??] heers guy`s ...

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:

Title
    Thanks

yes pal to get the best out if these type of units they need to be pluged into your router to get an internet connection. the tms are very easy and once you play around with it for 5 minutes it will all become clear.

Latest E2 Settings Can Be Found Herehttp://www.world-of-satellite.com/fo...gma-2-Settings

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

can i put a new image on with Flashftp, if so, what is the procedure, is it similar to a d box ?? is there files to go into, and can you work within them, ?? or is everything done via the internet, Cheers !!

Code:

Title
    Thanks

yes same as a dreambox 600 or 800 hold the power button when you power the unit up and it gives you the ip on the lcd screen and just download the nfi file to the box

simples

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cypchris
    yes same as a dreambox 600 or 800 hold the power button when you power the unit up and it gives you the ip on the lcd screen and just download the nfi file to the box

simples
    Didn't know that, so the TM600 can be flash via web-interface
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks

yes mate just hold power button on the front swicth on the power from the back wait 10 seconds and it gives you the ip on the lcd screen on the front of the box you can edit config from there asswell and settings

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian
    Quote Originally Posted by cypchris

simples
    Didn't know that, so the TM600 can be flash via web-interface
    so what is an nfi file, where does it go within the box, if i can use Flashftp, what would be the username, and password, does the nfi file need to be chmod to 755 ? Thanks, !!

Code:

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

I have try`d manualy to ftp into this box, but im struggling, i have manualy set the ip as if i was going into a dreambox, set my network nic, but still i cannot get in, so has anybody used Flashftp before on one of these box`s, Thanks,

Code:

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

im trying to ftp over to this box, but having problems, im useing winscp to try and connect, but im getting a fault stating it "cant resolve host name" does anybody know what it going on here ?? I had try`d Flashftp, but do joy, but at least winscp is giving me a fault, i just do not know what it is saying to me ??

Code:

Title
    Thanks

Hi mate if its a tm 600 just put the nfi file on a usb stick and put it in the back and update the firmware via the menu software update somewhere have a look around. they do have some issue with a few routers not recognising them although i thought that this issue had been fixed. Personally just leave it on dhcp factory reset the box and hold the power button down while you flick the on switch at the rear left of the unit and wait for it to give you and ip at the front on the lcd screen if it says fail then check your cabole or try another router just as an interface or if its a 600 do it with a usb stick any trouble let us know

dont forget

user = rooot
    and the password is left blank that can be changed later with technomate control center 7.1

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cypchris View Post
    Hi mate if its a tm 600 just put the nfi file on a usb stick and put it in the back and update the firmware via the menu software update somewhere have a look around. they do have some issue with a few routers not recognising them although i thought that this issue had been fixed. Personally just leave it on dhcp factory reset the box and hold the power button down while you flick the on switch at the rear left of the unit and wait for it to give you and ip at the front on the lcd screen if it says fail then check your cabole or try another router just as an interface or if its a 600 do it with a usb stick any trouble let us know

dont forget

user = rooot
    and the password is left blank that can be changed later with technomate control center 7.1
    Good advise there, small mistake that could throw newbies to linux boxes USER = root NOT rooot as above (small typo me thinks).
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cypchris View Post

Trying to find this image for TM600. Is this another attachment that got lost when the forum changed hosts? Would appreciate if it were available from here. (Donation would then be forthcoming!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast