Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: some help with building image

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts

some help with building image

good evening

ive been building a new image for the dm800 and dm800se, but im struggling on a few things to finish it up..

1: i need to make the skin i install to the image the default one when it boots up. currently magic skin is the default skin in the git, so when i include magic-ehd skin into the build it makes that the default skin instead. i can get the magic-ehd skin to install into the image no problems but after its flashed you have to select it from the skins selection screen. i thought the answer is in the enigma2.bb but tried and didnt work.

2. i want to be able to press the green button and that takes me to the plugins menu.

hope someone can help

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    a quick bump for you rossi bud
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

rossi2000 (24-06-11)

digidude
    im not very experienced with broadcom based images, but, from what ive seen, the enigma side of things is similar to what im used to, but, this could all be totally wrong for what youre trying to do, so if its not right when you look at it, please dont spend too much time trying what i suggest.

for the default skin, this should be in the python folder, and called skin.py, towards the top, youll see it actually names the folder of the default skin, change this to the one you want to use, but, you will also have to edit the makefile files to account for putting the different files into the build youre creating

for the green button, this should be in the main enigma folder, and called keymap.xml, within this you can change the button cinfigurations to call commands when theyre pressed, so you may need to remap it to 'open_plugins.py'

as i said though, im not used to broadcom stuff, so its possible i may be sending you in totally the wrong direction, if you do try what ive suggested and its not right, itd be worth waiting for someone with experience in the image / code youre playing with to help out

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to digidude For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (24-06-11),Mr. Mister (25-06-11),rossi2000 (24-06-11)

Title
    Thanks
    thanks digidude, i've had a look at the places u mentioned.

ive looked in the keymap.xml before and i couldnt get it to work, im probably missing something or not doing something right in the xml, but it does look like the right place to edit the green button.

im looking into the skin.py abit more but it doenst seem to exsit only skin.pyo.

cheeers!

digidude
    if the skin.py files not there, then youre a bit buggered m8

the .py file is the python source file, which SHOULD be included with any code that uses it, when its run, a .pyc (compiled) or .pyo (optimised) file is created, which is read faster than the actual .py source file, but, if anything changes, or needs to be changed, then the .py file is read (or changes made to it) and a NEW .pyc or .pyo file is then created

you may be able to get a copy of the skin.py file from a receiver running the same image (PLi?) and drop that in, change that .py file and let it compile a new .pyo file for you, but you do run the risk of ballsing it all up if it goes wrong

it is unusual though for the source code to not include the .py files though m8, can you do a basic search for *.py files and see what it finds, it may be in a different location for compiling from before dropping the optimised files into the python folder ready for building

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to digidude For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (25-06-11),rossi2000 (25-06-11)

Title
    Thanks
    im building from openpli
    theres no .pys in the image ive checked a few other pli images and vix and they dont contain the .py files either, so question is like you say where are they???
    ive checked the source as much as i can without unbuilding all the ipks included

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    In the build for pli, it's set to remove the py files, and just have pyo... From what I remember the py file should be available on their repository to download...

Sent with Tapatalk
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    thx for the info i just grabbed the skin.py so will have a play shortly

Title
    Thanks
    that worked! thx pooface and digidue.

i left my box on the default skin magic.
    i edited the skin.py to change default skin to magic-ehd, dropped that onto box and deleted the old skin.pyo, rebooted and its created a new .pyo and it also started up magic-ehd from bootup, excellent!

i shud be able to copy the new skin.pyo into the build now, so after a fresh flash it starts with magic-ehd

i have also got the green button working atm but ive set it to bring up extensions like the blue button just to make sure its working, now i need to find the right thing to call so the green button brings up the plugins menu

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rossi2000 For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (25-06-11)

Title
    Thanks
    well copying the new skin.pyo from my box into the enigma2 source ipk didnt work, caused green screen loop.
    i might have to try just putting an editied skin.py into the enigma2 ipk insteadand see if that works.

i cant for the life of me find any py files in the source, dont spose anyone knows where there located?

pooface is there a way to enable the saving of .py files instead of removing them?

digidude
    the build process 'could' be a 2 part thing m8, so it would be possible to completley build enigma and the image, then edit and chop n change the 'built' rootfs folder and then just rebuild the image file itself, which would include your changes, ive made images like this in the past when i cannot find where a change is being made, but again, it may not be right for what youre trying to do

Title
    Thanks
    i thought the rootfs folder was outputted along with the nfi from the deploy section, i didnt think it could be edited and re-build image from that.

i found all the source .py files so now need to do some more testing

the green button going to plugins menu tho still not working

digidude
    generally, enigma is built, then everything is 'constructed' in a virtual receiver, rootfs, and this folder is then made into the image. you can run the full build process from any point where you can intercept the begining of one script, from the end of the last one that ran, but this does mean manually starting from the very first ./make script, then following what it does, where it calls from, and where it goes next, there will be a point between building enigma, and building the image that you can start from after creating an initial build. enigma itself will already be built, and the rootfs constructed, ready for the complete image to be created.

its at this point that you can edit the contents of rootfs, just like you would on a live receiver

in a telnet session, go to the folder where the build script (not the full create everything script) is located, and just build the image

when doing something like changing the default skin, this is a quick way to try it without having to change all the makefile entries, but, the next time you do a full build, all of your changes are lost as the rootfs will be erased and recreated