Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Poll Results: Original or Clone??

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original DM800s

18 45.00%
  • Clone 800s

22 55.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you have original or Clone?

Title
    V.I.P
    if i tell where i live am afraid ill have to kill you
    Thanks
    2 clone 800s hd 1 one bh image and 1 with de image

digidude
    Bought an original DM800 the week they were released in germany, still use it in the bedroom, and have only flashed it 3 times since ive owned it, i think its on nabilo BH 12. i do have a clone 7020 that i was sent to test before they were released, and i also have a 500 clone, again that i had at next to nothing price, but if i buy myself, i ONLY buy originals, as if people only bought clones, then the official support for anything would soon dry up. If a Vu+ Duo clone came out for £150, would the software developers work 3 times harder to make the code work on inferior hardware? all for free while only the clone maker makes any form of money out of all the work?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Dont see why anyone would even consider buying a DM800 clone nowadays with the availablility of the Xtrend ET5000 at just £239.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Dont see why anyone would even consider buying a DM800 clone nowadays with the availablility of the Xtrend ET5000 at just £239.
    exactly, plus to be honest most clones last 1 maybe 2 years at most. my genuine DM7020 has lasted almost 8 or 9 years and it's still going.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I would not buy a dm800 genuine or clone they just don`t offer value for money and there are many other receivers like the vu+ duo,Vu+solo<extrend etc that offer a higher spec and are cheaper to boot.

Stewiebee
    Because the difference is clone £149 xtrend £239 £90 more expensive enough said why people still buy clone.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewiebee View Post
    Because the difference is clone £149 xtrend £239 £90 more expensive enough said why people still buy clone.
    and for that £90 difference you get a far superior box both in build quality and performance, not to mention full warranty support. personally i would far rather spend the little bit extra and go for the genuine box that i know will last me for a good few years which is more than i can say for a clone.

dont get me wrong i would not buy a original dreambox either because of their ridiculous high prices when compared to Vu and clark tech / xtrend.
    Last edited by Larry-G; 25-06-11 at 12:42.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Stewiebee
    The new dm800 hd pro with m tuner are regarded as the best clone box available and are excellent boxes not to be compared with the early clones,but the xtrend looks a very good box but would possibly go for vu duo if money was not a consideration.
    Last edited by Stewiebee; 25-06-11 at 15:41.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12