Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: any bbc iplayer or itv player plugin

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Just to inform you: ViX is working on a BBC iplayer (and more). However: as we tend to test our software before throwing it into the public, it will take some time before we will release the player.
    Also: as our beloved STB's are not capable of playing all sorts of files (such as Flash), the player will always be somewhat limited compared to players for other platforms.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

bassethound (12-01-13),cosie (13-01-13),josweet (12-01-13),Larry-G (12-01-13),Mr. Mister (12-01-13),paul362 (12-01-13),RogerThis (12-01-13),s1m0nw (12-01-13),Sicilian (12-01-13),Technovice (12-01-13),ukbob (12-01-13),warajoker (12-01-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    That's great news, the more people that work on it the better The main thing that I'm good at is regex. If you need any help let me know?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RogerThis For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (12-01-13),Stanman (12-01-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,896 Times in 2,249 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyblueys View Post
    If others are after this from places other than UK. You can always use a program like "hide my IP". Google search it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    On an enigma box????

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I used hidemyass on a DD WRT router, but it would drop the VPN after a certain amount of time. It was good enough for testing, but not consistent for constant use.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,896 Times in 2,249 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerThis View Post
    I used hidemyass on a DD WRT router, but it would drop the VPN after a certain amount of time. It was good enough for testing, but not consistent for constant use.
    Unfortunately I have a "supplied" modemrouter from my broadband supplier, which is a pain to modify and continue to work with their interface requirements.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: any bbc iplayer or itv player plugin

I'm sure if you search the make and model of you're router online you'll be able to jail break it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    WD 1TB Blue Desktop Drive 3.5" SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB =Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File
    Kingston DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB =PTS

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    Seagate 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB=Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File
    Kingston DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB =PTS

Both Duo's Plugins, Lraizer Autobouquet, Cacheflush, Mediascanner, Picture player, Movie Browser & Openwebif

Title
    Thanks

Re: any bbc iplayer or itv player plugin

you could always subscribe to a proxy. use unblockus myself and is simply a matter of changing the dns in network settings to unblock us dns and restarting. bbc iplayer streaming fine here on my tmsingle and ultimo by this method. google around as there may be even cheaper options available
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

ET8500
    80cm motorised triax TD88

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to irishchris For This Useful Post:

Midnight (14-01-13),RogerThis (12-01-13)

Title
    Thanks
    working fine here in the UK, just needs a search feature

great work!
    http://openvix.co.uk/stable.png
    ^^^^^ Current Status ^^^^^
    VIX - Quad Vu+ Ultimo
    IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

digidude
    for those having problems, a lot of people are reporting that after installing

enigma2-plugin-extensions-et-livestream

it springs to life

also seems to sort out issues with the RTE and 3player plugins for some people as well

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi, first off thanks to the developers for this plugin. I have one issue though its working great on my duo but on the solo I have no audio..any ideas?

Using latest vix image

Thanks
    Octagon SF4008 (1tb hdd - Openvix 5.1) Edision Combo (8gb USB - Openvix 5.1)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irishchris View Post
    you could always subscribe to a proxy. use unblockus myself and is simply a matter of changing the dns in network settings to unblock us dns and restarting. bbc iplayer streaming fine here on my tmsingle and ultimo by this method. google around as there may be even cheaper options available
    Working a treat for me in North Africa, thank you so much for the plugin and the proxy advice
    Extrend E5000 with Sundtek Cable Tuner & Octagon SF8 HD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Big thanks to saintomer1866 who as added categories to the plugin

Attachment 22604

i just removed the old plugin from /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions and then replaced it with the new one below and restarted my box
    Attached Files Attached Files
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

chrcoluk (15-01-15),fp2979 (15-01-13),irishchris (14-01-13),mcquaim (14-01-13),ozzy30 (15-01-13),RogerThis (14-01-13),s31teg (14-01-13),Stanman (14-01-13),Watsoccurring (17-01-13)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Great Plugin this really opens up the vix image to loads of on demand content, sd and HD working on my Duo.

Dont know if you have came across this but the 'Help & About' selection brings up the help screen from the 1Channel plugin, maybe its using the same widget name.

Title
    Thanks
    Now we just need ITV, 4OD and Channel 5 and all is well in the world

Congratulations to the developers for what they have done so far.

Etk
    This seems to be working really well but the choice of programmes is really limited - is there any way to get access to the "featured" "most popular" sections or even better a search option?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast