Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuner Sensitivity In ET9000 - Anyone Able To Test Scan 1W For FTA

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,055 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Try doing a full complete scan of of 1.0 deg west. ViX 2.2 has updated drivers and scan does work fine. Try loading cateyes channel list then doing a complete satellite scan of 1deg. 2.2 isn't too far away, extra work had to be done to make the drivers compatible with the image.

Why do you keep scanning if you had found the channels earlier?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,055 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Just flashed with ViX 2.1 and run software upadte in blue button menu. All fine. Heres a screenshot of scan settings.

1-0-deg-scan.jpg

Found 21 channels. Scan with those settings.

Personally I'd look at your setup and the way your satellites are setup. Very much doubt that theres anything wrong with the receiver.

You cant compare a generic receiver to a linux receiver for scanning, they dont use satellites.xml. If you want to scan using a similar method wait for ViX 2.2 and use the blindscan feature. Some of them 39 channels could even just be data streams or something, not nessacarily TV streams.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Just looking on kingofsat here:

Code:
    http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-0.8W-fta.php
    And it looks like there should be 44 tv streams and a total of 239 total services. Of course, some could be dependant on the beam... But, just done a scan with the following settings:

1w_fta_scan.jpeg

And I got 202 services found, as shown in the following screenshot:

1w_fta_scan_results.jpeg

Hope this helps. Doesn't look to have an issues with the drivers this end tho (on vix 2.2 image)...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

bassethound (03-06-11)

Title
    Thanks
    I've got the same problem.
    5 Sattellite scan tarnsporder with DM800 HD total:4100 channels (Fta-Encrypt)
    the same system with clarke-tech9000 total:3500-3700 channels (Fta-Encrypt)
    Satellites:
    1-7E
    2-13E
    3-19.2E
    4-42.E
    5-1W

I think the driver should be reviewed again

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervis View Post
    I've got the same problem.
    5 Sattellite scan tarnsporder with DM800 HD total:4100 channels (Fta-Encrypt)
    the same system with clarke-tech9000 total:3500-3700 channels (Fta-Encrypt)
    Satellites:
    1-7E
    2-13E
    3-19.2E
    4-42.E
    5-1W

I think the driver should be reviewed again
    Can you not put a bug report through to xtrend?
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    Thanks
    You are right.I need to write all over.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Just do a search for "et-view", and put your post on their official forum I would imagine that the developers frequent there
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 474 Posts
    Just an update. The Bishop bought the Et9000 over to me this morning and the receiver was scanning as it should be. He's now investigating his other equipment.

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to world-of-satellite.co.uk For This Useful Post:

bassethound (04-06-11),pooface (04-06-11),silverfox0786 (04-06-11)

The Bishop
    Hi,

To confirm the post by WoS, Steffan very kindly allocated some time this morning to check out the ET9000 and confirmed that the tuner is working OK. A scan of 1W for FTA picked up 202 services compared to 117 I was getting when connected to my equipment .

Many thanks for all your input to the thread and for taking the time to do scans to check the number of services your were receiving. A big thank you to WoS for their excellent support and patience with a newbie to the world of Linux receivers. Last but not least, sorry if some of my posts came across as short tempered, the frustrations with the tuning sometimes got the better of me.

I now need to start looking at other equipment to see what is causing the issue.

The Bishop

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The Bishop For This Useful Post:

bassethound (04-06-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Glad that you are getting to the root of your problems mate
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    First thing I would probably check would be the lnb... Might be that it's having problems with upper or lower vertical or horizontal... Which would explain less channels when searched. Is it only 1w you get this problem on tho?! As would have thought other satellites would be affected...
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

15. The Following User Says Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

Dervis (05-06-11)

The Bishop
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    First thing I would probably check would be the lnb... Might be that it's having problems with upper or lower vertical or horizontal... Which would explain less channels when searched. Is it only 1w you get this problem on tho?! As would have thought other satellites would be affected...

pooface,

I have not yet tested the precise number of services found on other satellites to see if the issue is impacting other satellites. I confined myself to 1W as it has a low number of FTA TV channels which makes a detailed comparison simpler. The ET9000 receives services from other satellites as I tested that out when configuring the tuner but I did not start to analyse the number of services.

I will change the LNB as a first step. I might move from a quad output LNB to a quattro output LNB with a multiswitch as it offers the option to have more than 4 receivers connected and there is amplification available from the multiswitch. However, before then I will probably place a single full band LNB on the dish, connect it to the ET9000 and see what difference that makes on 1W.

The Bishop

The Bishop
    Update:

After checking all cabling and termination connectors and finding them to all be OK I moved the dish from 1W round to 28E to see how many services a scan detected. Initially, I detected 558 services of which 399 were TV channels which was quite a lot lower than expected. My next port of call was the LNB, currently an Invacom 0.3db quad C120 LNB, I changed the LNB to an Invacom 0.3db single C120 LNB and repeated the scan. The result, the services detected shot up to 982 of which 671 were TV channels.

Lesson learnt, a faulty LNB was the culprit, the ET9000 is functioning perfectly and is a top class unit with top class support from WoS and the ViX forum. Now for ViX 2.2 ..................

The Bishop

18. The Following User Says Thank You to The Bishop For This Useful Post:

bassethound (12-06-11)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12