Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: How to Install CCcam/MGCamd & other softcam's on ALL ViX supported Enigma 2 Receivers

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If it is .ipk then it is already unzipped

If you put the .ipk on a USB stick it should popup on the screen when you plug it in

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-support-added
    VU+ DUO² (Triple S2 tuners) VIX, 750gb
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    GigaBlue HD 800 UE Plus VIX
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    Octagon SF8 VIX (751MHz bootloader)
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700
    DGS108 GBLAN, DIY NAS (8TB) XPEnology
    1.1m dish, 0.1db Quad LNB, GTSAT DM14MG motor
    80cm dish, 2x 0.1db LNB + 1x Quad 0.2db LNB, Disqec 4/1.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi there i'v been flashing some images in my uno and have everything running now icluding cccam and oscam.
    Just will explain why i went to oscam cause i've been hearing of a backdoor in cccam 2.1.3 and thats why went to oscam and ass a saf backup cccam still installed with all thE lines to HOMESHARE with 2 other boxes in home.
    But evrytime i flash a imag i'm losing all my config's but i have them on my pc.
    Is it right that i hve to make my own cfg's when i flash vix image?
    Should be a bad thing thing for me cause takes quite some time to get evrything back running again?
    Is there anyway to put in the cam's and just put back my cfg's to oscam and cccam?
    In a easy way?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Guys, New at this but seem to have made strides thanks to this forum.

I have a Technomate Tm-T2 and have chosen to use oscam-7969+cccam-213-vix_oe2_all.ipk as my reciever is using VIX however i need to make a .cfg file and FTP it over to the reciever. I have notepad open but what do I have to put in the notepad before saving it as a .cfg?

People keep saying write what you want? Which doesnt quite compute with me?

Please help

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    great guide im a total novice and was cra++ing myself at the thought of even trying this but all worked out so its a big thanks from

Title
    Thanks
    Hi there just a quick one. Is there a reason why sometimes when I install the IPK the CCcam binary goes into /usr/bin/ rather than /usr/softcam/ ?

I have to manually move it after install for it to work correctly.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhp View Post
    Hi there just a quick one. Is there a reason why sometimes when I install the IPK the CCcam binary goes into /usr/bin/ rather than /usr/softcam/ ?

I have to manually move it after install for it to work correctly.
    where did you get the IPK from?
    ViX cams can be found on http://openvix.co.uk, was it one of these?

Title
    Thanks
    How can I configure to start oscam 1st, wait 10 seconds and then start cccam ? Otherwise, cccam hijacks the card oscam is supposed to read ...

Title
    Thanks
    Just found out that the order in which the cams are selected to enable startup do have an influence on this.
    As a result, it works

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: How to Install CCcam/MGCamd & other softcam's on ALL ViX supported Enigma 2

Just # out the lines in CCcam.cfg that refer to readers

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Title
    Thanks
    Hello. I've tried following this for the ET9500 But the menu is completely different from the 9000 or the 9200. is there a plan to upgrade the tutorial showing sequence of events for the ET9500 or point me in the direction where I can find some instructions. Thank you.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry D View Post
    Hello. I've tried following this for the ET9500 But the menu is completely different from the 9000 or the 9200. is there a plan to upgrade the tutorial showing sequence of events for the ET9500 or point me in the direction where I can find some instructions. Thank you.
    Which exact image are you using as the ViX image is almost identical among all the supported receivers with a small exception where hardware differences may come into play. also it's worth pointing out that this tutorial was made a very long time ago and much has changed in the image since then, but the basics still remain the same for installing and setting up cams etc.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I wish this could be updated to show step by step how this is done on the ET9500 as the options on the box does are not the same? there is no Blue button option. Can anyone post this for ET9500? Many thanks Sleepyhead Essex UK.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry D View Post
    I wish this could be updated to show step by step how this is done on the ET9500 as the options on the box does are not the same? there is no Blue button option. Can anyone post this for ET9500? Many thanks Sleepyhead Essex UK.
    What image & build number are you using?
    ViX images on all supported boxes work pretty much the same way.

Title
    Thanks

/var/keys vs /usr/keys

I'm having a weird issue when installing my mgcamd. I have uploaded my config but when restarting the cam(enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel) my VIX installation(openvix-3.0.632-vusolo_usb) says it will not start because i have to put my config in /var/keys. Well, if it werent for linux-shortcuts thats where i put it. But i see the patch to the config is now /usr/keys.

What can be done?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    /var/keys is a symbolic link to /usr/keys. If you go to /var/keys you will be directed to /usr/keys

Are you sure that your files are correctly named? mg_cfg and newcamd.list?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast