Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: VU+ or 8000

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

VU+ or 8000

Im sure this has been asked before but, the reason for me asking is a little different....i have a VU+ - i wanted a 8000 but couldnt afford it, i have a friend who has asked me the same question but for him money is not the issue. ive said to him if it was me id have gone for the 8000 like a shot, ive never had a dreambox hd anything (ive got a couple of 7025s) and theyve been brilliant and still get used....could any one give me their opinions...?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfysofa View Post
    Im sure this has been asked before but, the reason for me asking is a little different....i have a VU+ - i wanted a 8000 but couldnt afford it, i have a friend who has asked me the same question but for him money is not the issue. ive said to him if it was me id have gone for the 8000 like a shot, ive never had a dreambox hd anything (ive got a couple of 7025s) and theyve been brilliant and still get used....could any one give me their opinions...?
    the dm8000 is a fantastic box but its also a vastly over priced box. personally i would not have one as the support is not really there for this box.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

Hi

Check out the Clarke-Tech ET9000, I also have the DM8000 and I see no difference here,but the big price difference, the picture quality is the same
    1x Et9000
    1x Et9200
    1x Dm 8000

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enzo For This Useful Post:

bassethound (19-05-11),Sicilian (19-05-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    As others say, box wise, there's hardly any difference, apart from the image support ... it's simply just a case of the hardware. If your friend wants the ability to have a 4 tuner (I think 2 are dvb-s2, the other 2 can be dvb-s2/t/c) box with a built in dvd drive, then I would say go for the 8000. However, if he'd be happy with a twin dvb-s tuner, and the possibility of a dvb-t usb addon (which can also be added to the dm8000 to make it a 5-tuner box I think), and happy to just use a usb dvd or no dvd at all, then I would say either the duo or the et9000. No point in getting the dm8000 just because you can imo. But then again, people go out buying the most expensive car around because they can afford it, whereas a ford fiesta will do the same job (albeit not looking so "cool" )
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

jfk (19-05-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    This is true.....i did say to him if it was me then i would have gone for the 8000....personally i prefer all the tuners in one box. One of the things that i miss with the VU is barry allen, love the way it works on my 7025's, want to try something (load it on and select from the boot menu - easy) not as easy with anything else....+ plus (and i dont keep up with the politics of groups....) wasnt there something a couple of years ago with the vu when a group (cant remember their name) was doing images for the vu and the 8000 then suddenly stopped supporting the vu and went to the 8000 only, from what i remember that was a big loss as they were supposed to be very capable (this was just before i got mine) - i was doing a lot of reading up as i deviated from dreambox ownership years ago and got a tripledragon, probably the worst purchase ever, had it for a month just about managed to get rid of it on ebay for 100quid....its only from being on this site that i got a vu+ and i have gotta say ive had more use and functionality from this than the 7025's - dunno why but something always pulls me toward dreamboxes....heh - thanks for the info from all of you - ill have a look at the clark tech though - never knew about that one...

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    i have had a DM7020 since it's launch and it still works as flawlessly today as it ever did, i also have a DM600. now i am not nocking the dremabox as i think they are fantastic boxes but in my opinion they are vastly overpriced when compared with boxes such as the Vu and the clarke tech line of receivers. i know several people with the DM8000 and they are very happy with their purchases but i could not justify the huge pricetag just to have the ability of two more tuners and a dvd drive. i will in all likely hood buy a DM500HD before the year is out purely for testing purposes but thats about as far as i will go with DM. as i now prefer the Vu line my self.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    I think your talkig about the dreamelite team, pick a day and it will be a new reciever they support.

Cam't see the rationale of spending that much money for two extra tuners, its only a matter of time before USB T2 or S tuners are available for the boxes, VU wins hands down in the common sense saving money stakes.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Actually, that begs the question....when is the DVB-T2 support out for the VU's???

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfysofa View Post
    Actually, that begs the question....when is the DVB-T2 support out for the VU's???
    at this present moment in time there is no info on this from vu
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓