Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shall I get one?

Title
    Thanks

Shall I get one?

I sold my duo and now regret doing so. Am gonna get another but was now wondering if this receiver is better.

I would appreciate any views on people preference on this or the VU+ Duo please ....

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    I have both the 9000, and duo

the 9000 looks a lot better in the front room, and all in all, I think the 9000 is a better unit

but this is just my opinion, and the duo is a very good unit as well
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

3. The Following User Says Thank You to basilyoung For This Useful Post:

mark_hopley (18-05-11)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,056 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Just replied to your PM
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

mark_hopley (18-05-11)

Title
    Thanks
    How do the sensitivity on the tuner compare on the 9000 compared to the Vu+duo out of interest

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by basilyoung View Post
    I have both the 9000, and duo

the 9000 looks a lot better in the front room
    That was one of the things that was pushing me towards this one. Was never exactly over the moon with the duo's looks although was a very good receiver indeed.

Sic also seems to lean towards the 9000 too

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    well actually,..had to buy 2,....its cheaper than a devorse
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    I myself prefer the et9000, the missus prefers the duo... Altho I only marginally prefer the et9000, as I seem to get a slightly better picture from it out of the box. Both are really great boxes. If you fancy a change, the et9000 it is. If you wanna stick with what you know, then get the duo

One thing I wanna say as well ... remote. Previously, I preferred the duo remote, as the et9000 remote is fugly. But, after using the 9000 remote more, I'm kind of preferring it to the duo, as I like the extra buttons it has. But, the duo remote it much better quality in my opinion. I have a sticky key on the et9000 that sometimes requires a harder button press to get it to work. I know that's just my remote, but I think it's the design of the keys that has made it happen But again, just my opinion...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Personally I feel the quality of the remote is just as good as the Duo, just takes getting used to the layout as you would any other remote. No sticky buttons here, sure ya little boy aint spilt any sticky stuff onto the keys?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Personally I feel the quality of the remote is just as good as the Duo, just takes getting used to the layout as you would any other remote. No sticky buttons here, sure ya little boy aint spilt any sticky stuff onto the keys?
    Yup, he only gets to hold the remote when not eating or drinking Plus, it's been like that since I got it It's the number 6 key ... nightmare when doing an epg search In regards to quality, I think the rubber on the duo remote feels better, and it's not so raised up and square as on the et9000 ... I think that's what makes me feel like it's a cheap remote
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    Yup, he only gets to hold the remote when not eating or drinking Plus, it's been like that since I got it It's the number 6 key ... nightmare when doing an epg search In regards to quality, I think the rubber on the duo remote feels better, and it's not so raised up and square as on the et9000 ... I think that's what makes me feel like it's a cheap remote

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

I would also recommend the ET9000, great machine and with Vix-Team support you are on the safe side,the design of the Duo, I personally like not so.
    1x Et9000
    1x Et9200
    1x Dm 8000

Title
    Thanks
    had mine 2 weeks very happy so far.

Title
    Thanks
    Well I was thinking about one but having just read the sticky about the battery warning, I am not too keen now.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wedgehog View Post
    Well I was thinking about one but having just read the sticky about the battery warning, I am not too keen now.
    Read the full thread, a solution is going to released incase a user ever needs to replace the battery.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Alias1
    Quote Originally Posted by jcm193 View Post
    How do the sensitivity on the tuner compare on the 9000 compared to the Vu+duo out of interest
    Hanging of the same dish with dual LNB they are about the same.
    As for picture quality the last set of drivers have it on par with the et9000 IMO.
    Another point the Vu+Duo runs a lot colder then the et9000 I had to place a laptop fan under mine to cool it down then again it gets hot down here.
    One thing I dont like about the et9000 is the fact that it has a whole pile of heat shrink around the cable going from the front panel to the mother board looks like a balls up in the design some where and yes I am a electronics engineer
    The et9000 has a newer processor and supports true PIP on SD channels but boot up speed on both boxes is about the same .
    The real selling plus for me is the Vu+duo comes with a 2 year warranty down under dont know about the UK
    Last edited by Alias1; 19-05-11 at 14:55.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast