Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My TM800 Arrived today here are my first impressions.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I think you will find the VU Solo is almost the same price if memory serves me correct.

Must admit though VU could of put a front display on there .
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    The bottom line is though they don't do what they were advertised as going to do (yet) and in my opinion I find it highly unlikely they ever will.... For example, something simple like the internal HDD, does this feature work yet? Adding external HDD via USB or perhaps an external card reader via USB, does this work yet? CCcam as a server using the internal card slot, does this work yet? I'm afraid to say the answer to all of these are no...

You may think they are making progress, in my mind they are not, these are not 'bugs' to sort out they are real problems..... We had one to test weeks ago now and that at the time was given as BETA software, and with that in mind you will accept bugs in it, no problem with that..... Weeks later and here we are and I see the same problems still on there and no fixes and I have no confidence in the UR team given they have never been able to fix the issues with the TM-500/600 to date, they still don't work now as a CCcam server with the white card running the latest 2.1.4 version, this to me is a major thing and something they've never fixed.

The fix for the TM-800 has been to basically block every feature possible and then work backwards, they are using a modified PLi image for a DM800, they are not supported by PLi and are not likely to be.... Sorry for me they are just not cutting it, the choice of a TM-800 or a SOLO? No choice at all, it'd be the SOLO every time!
    Last edited by Retired member; 19-06-10 at 19:47.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Retired member For This Useful Post:

bassethound (20-06-10),paul362 (19-06-10),Sicilian (19-06-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ********* View Post
    The bottom line is though they don't do what they were advertised as going to do (yet) and in my opinion I find it highly unlikely they ever will.... For example, something simple like the internal HDD, does this feature work yet? Adding external HDD via USB or perhaps an external card reader via USB, does this work yet? CCcam as a server using the internal card slot, does this work yet? I'm afraid to say the answer to all of these are no...

You may think they are making progress, in my mind they are not, these are not 'bugs' to sort out they are real problems..... We had one to test weeks ago now and that at the time was given as BETA software, and with that in mind you will accept bugs in it, no problem with that..... Weeks later and here we are and I see the same problems still on there and no fixes and I have no confidence in the UR team given they have never been able to fix the issues with the TM-500/600 to date, they still don't work now as a CCcam server with the white card running the latest 2.1.4 version, this to me is a major thing and something they've never fixed.

The fix for the TM-800 has been to basically block every feature possible and then work backwards, they are using a modified PLi image for a DM800, they are not supported by PLi and are not likely to be.... Sorry for me they are just not cutting it, the choice of a TM-800 or a SOLO? No choice at all, it'd be the SOLO every time!
    I think that says it all about the 800 so we pays our money and takes our choice I suppose ! Me " I would defo go with VU over TM .
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    I would recommend to any one thinking of getting the TM800 wait 6 months and see how it develops the new images seem to be 2 steps forward and 3 back at the moment.

The TM dev team should concentrate on fixing the the core problems 1 at a time they seem to be trying to fix 6/7 problems on each new image release.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

paul362 (21-06-10)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    OK, Can confirm that the usb works with Smargo+ cardreaders i am running 2 one with the white card. the recording function now works with a usb stick I maneged to record Topgear in HD and playback on my computer. I do agree that this box has been released far to soon. But it looks nice with the black piano finish.You need to install a fan technomate i have and it runs very cool now, I could of fryed an egg on it before with the server running on it. If the UR team sort the other issues out like the internal card reader Fancy selling a satellite box with no card reader working. Shocking!

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Interesting that about the heat. Experience with my box & buddy's of mine - no fan, running 24hr/day (never in standby). Far less heat than TM9100 with hard drive in it. Even if you do install the HDD iside - modern 2.5" drives are very cool compared to 2-3 yrs ago - I cannot imagine it overheating... stange.
    Are you giving it enough space to radiate the heat out of the case?
    Southern hemisphere, LNB1: 68.5E, LNB2: 15.8E, LNB3: 36.0E, 2x 4way Diseqc switches
    Dsq1: TM9100 (DS4.4 20100922) loopback to "Victory" (FTA receiver)
    Dsq2: TM800HD (UR1.0 20101028 Beta)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    TM are now fitting fans to the TM800 and now stay very cool.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Is it quiet? Where did they fit it? Can't say that I remember off-hand that there is a an existing place to fit it in... did they modify the chassy/cover?
    Southern hemisphere, LNB1: 68.5E, LNB2: 15.8E, LNB3: 36.0E, 2x 4way Diseqc switches

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    They've mounted on cover and yes very quite
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Nice! So, no modification to existing cover? I wonder if Technomate will be sending fans free of charge to existing customers Grrrr...

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fdlsys View Post
    Nice! So, no modification to existing cover? I wonder if Technomate will be sending fans free of charge to existing customers Grrrr...
    No, it has a new cover too, so the fan can be mounted. Maybe contact TM direct for more info.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

fdlsys (19-07-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Darn... I'll try. Thanks a lot Sicilian!

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    From another forum. I know the person well and can vouch for what he says.
    Thought I would post this here.
    My TM,s tuner is far better than the one supplied in my DM 800,I have a number of HD channels available on s k y and some are fringe signals that break up on the DM,not so on the TM.
    S k y sports 1 hd has long been a source of problems for many DM 800 owners where it has continuous picture break up, as sais with the TM it is non existent,can feel an email to DM on its way for a replacement tuner..

17. The Following User Says Thank You to fdlsys For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (22-07-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Although I had no heat issues with my TM800, Technomate offered me a replacement machine with the fan pre-installed and the Wifi adapter.

I got to say, the TM800 is now actually cold to the touch, not cool but actually COLD, it's much colder than my room temperature.

I don't understand why everyone is so negative about it, yes the software is needing some serious work but we've been promised that everything is being worked on, we've also been promised that they will be releasing the source code once they are happy with it, and if rumours are to believed there are already a few mainstream groups working on images - although a quick search on all the big boy sites give no indication of any such work.

Why do people say it looks cheap and tacky?

I happen to think it looks rather stylish, in piano black with it's dot matrix VFD display.

IMO, on paper it reads as a better machine than the Vu+ Solo, but it's sorely lacking support, an area where the Solo soars in comparison.

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    think that will change, (images/surport)

but do not have this unit at the mo

are you the big bad wolf in sheeps clothing??

baz
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast