Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My TM800 Arrived today here are my first impressions.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts

Cool My TM800 Arrived today here are my first impressions.

My TM800 Arrived today here are my first impressions.

I will start with the worst first:

The box packaging is the worst i have seen for a electrical item no padding whats so ever very poor just wedged in the box.

The box seems very cheaply built with very cheap plastic looks very down market it wobbles on my tv stand the feet are not secured properly.

The remote is not the best i have used very small buttons and very soft un-response some times, some off the buttons could have been placed better.

Some good things:

Easy to flash and set up if you are used to E2.

The SD and HD look very good.

I know its a new box and the software will improve other time and make this a smashing little box.

If any one is thinking of buying a TM800 i would wait and see what the VU+ solo is like before parting with your cash as this box feels very down market perhaps im spoiled using a VU+ Duo.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

cycloxit (08-06-10),cypchris (08-06-10),grtmoby (09-06-10),paul362 (07-06-10),Retired member (07-06-10),Sicilian (07-06-10),snakie (22-01-12)

Title
    Thanks
    make sure you download the vuplus support channel settings from the blue button on the tm800 ;-)
    Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Latest OpenVix Found Here

Latest E2 Settings Can Be Found Herehttp://www.world-of-satellite.com/fo...gma-2-Settings

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cypchris For This Useful Post:

bassethound (09-06-10)

Title
    Thanks
    correct me if i'm wrong, but the TM800 runs Enigma2 as well like Dreambox and VU+ ?

if so, i didn't know that! lol

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hashman View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong, but the TM800 runs Enigma2 as well like Dreambox and VU+ ?

if so, i didn't know that! lol
    It does run a E2 image but its a million miles of being as good as a VU+ yet, but the hardware is there to do the same as the Dreambox and VU+ one day LOL

Title
    Thanks

tm 800

need help with this cuz i just got the box its ok not the best but it will do

the tm 500 and 600 are esy to work
    now thw tm 800 is hot the same i whant to now how to accses the roo off the box to trasfer ccam on it
    i try on dcc but no luck it just come up with a blank page and tryin to acces on the net by typin the ip add it just say page not found

need asap thank

Title
    Thanks
    you need to ftp into the box and put your cfg file in var/etc you can use various programs to do this an easy one to use is filezila which can be found here make sure you get the coorect ip from the network adapter settings then the user name should be root and the password left blank for now
    Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Latest OpenVix Found Here

Latest E2 Settings Can Be Found Herehttp://www.world-of-satellite.com/fo...gma-2-Settings

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Bad news my box died yesterday getting a full refund of my supplier i will glad to see the back of it.

I think technomate should have waited another 6 months before releasing the box to the public who are all being used as beta testers

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

Retired member (11-06-10),Sicilian (11-06-10)

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    Thanks for posting, it doesn't give me any great pleasure to see I was right about this one, I'm glad now though I chose not to put them on general sale, still plenty of work needs doing on these before they can be sold as 'fit for purpose', a shame really....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Retired member For This Useful Post:

grtmoby (11-06-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I think ill go for a VU solo if i want a single tuner High def unit can't fault my VU Duo.
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

Title
    Thanks
    the problem is technomate won't pay a proper Dev team to fix the firmware they have UR_team and that is about it, if they pay a proper Dev team like the rest of the Enigma2 receivers on the market it will be a good box

they could release the source code so others can have ago but they just don't seem willing
    Last edited by leeuk; 15-06-10 at 20:15.

Title
    Thanks
    Just a quick reply to some of the negitive posts, my tm 800hd working a treat picture superb, fitted with the latest software very easy to figure out and install, still quite a bit buggy but if they can sort out the problems this sat box at the price will do well

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the positive feedback on the TM800, but whats the build quality like ? also you say its buggy ! that paired with the fact that they are very cheap looking is why people (including me) are saying we would rather wait and get a Vu Solo for the money.
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

Title
    Thanks
    Never had or seen a Vu Solo just dream and technomate so cannot compair but my dream was not HD new telly samsung LED SD on dream was crap on tehnomate both SD/HD better

18. The Following User Says Thank You to philipx For This Useful Post:

paul362 (19-06-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I see your point there and that explains the feedback ! i use the technomate 600 series and they have been quite good that's why im so surprised @ the reviews of the TM800's ? if you get a chance to look @ the VU's in real life then you will probably notice the difference straight away.

Title
    Thanks
    Never had or seen Vu Solo only had DB TMate so cannot compare new telly S/Sung LED SD on DB was cr*p on TMate both SD/HD better by miles, Build seen better once they sort out bugs good value for money

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast