Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gutted !

Title
    Thanks

Re: Gutted !

I preordered last Friday (19th March) and I doubt I'll even get one from the next batch

I do hope it doesn't drag into May because that's going to cause me some problems if it does.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian
    Just to make you a little more excited, I had mine recording 4HD channels and watching a 5th HD channel at the weekend They where spread over 2 transponders on the same satellite.
    Lol....

I think i may be thinkning of getting a fixed dish for Sly UK. A small dish...would that be pointing to just 28.2? or 28.5? too?
    Setup: Vu+ Duo, Orbital 90cm Dish, Technomate TM2600 Motor, Inverto twin LNB

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts

I doubt it Twigman, I heard there's lots of stock due into the europe in the next couple of weeks.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks

Just to make you a little more excited, I had mine recording 4HD channels and watching a 5th HD channel at the weekend They where spread over 2 transponders on the same satellite.
    OMG.
    Can't you find anything more irritating than salt to rub in my woulds?
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/atta...achmentid=1511

Title
    Thanks

Hi All,

Wow - I really feel for some of you. To all of you waiting for your boxes to arrive - TRUST ME - it will be soooo worth the wait. From being a total noob to the scene (and one of the first owners of the VU DUO) a few months ago I've managed to get the box to play ISOs from my NAS, MKVs in HD as well as watching sat.This box is much more than just a receiver.

I'm about to take a step into the unknown now as well. My motorised dish pack arrived today so I'm just waiting to get the install arranged so i can go from fixed dish to scanning the sky! Bob, whats going on with the installer dude?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Supathug,

Did you try any 1080 mkvs.

The image is in a funny streched look and sub its proper quality.

Lower 702p mkvs and mp4s are fine.

And Yeah Bob, whats going on with the installer dude?

Only joking . . . Wont be at it till next week but I think his input would be appreciated on the site...

D

Title
    Thanks

supathug
    Although I don't fiddle with sat like a lot do, I have had a motorised setup running for about 2 years and this was going to be my first "upgrade", the VU+
    I ordered 3 weeks ago when the online pre ordering went live for this batch and was really looking forward to getting my hands on it this week.
    I had planned stuff around this week to give me time but here's the week almost over, and it looks like it'll be a few weeks more waiting.
    I seriously doubt any receiver is worth that greif and later today I started going off the boil and having second thoughts about even bothering with it.
    I still have a fully working setup, have today ordered a SAT PCI card for my PC and I have all the media players any one could want
    I just wanted a new toy and was willing to wait the indicated time when I ordered, but I'm already 1 week past that date with the possibility of weeks more to wait.Scunnered is the word we use up here
    Rules can be found HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks

Monty its well worth the wait, trust me.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks

Monty its well worth the wait, trust me.
    AHAHAHAHA!
    Just noticed your avatar
    Rules can be found HERE

Title
    Thanks

Hang in there Monty! Trust me you wont be disappointed. As they say - all good things come to those who wait! Spoke to Ant\Lavaman from ********* the other day. Hes trying his hardest to get them but I think everyone is in the same boat ATM. Hopefully not too much longer! As for the MKV stuff - I cant say I have tried anything other than 720p MKVs so far. I'll have to give one of those a shot and see what I find.

Title
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by supathug
    Hang in there Monty! Trust me you wont be disappointed. As they say - all good things come to those who wait! Spoke to Ant\Lavaman from satstore the other day. Hes trying his hardest to get them but I think everyone is in the same boat ATM. Hopefully not too much longer! As for the MKV stuff - I cant say I have tried anything other than 720p MKVs so far. I'll have to give one of those a shot and see what I find.
    I meant ********* not Satstore! My bad.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

HI, I ordered my VU+Duo on th 9th march and was told it will be onher 3 weeks only the other day, shit happens, it will soon be here, it just means more time to learn about this box. Luckily i still have my trusty dreambox to fall back on until the arrival. You never know it may turn up earlier than expected.

regards

cervot ;D
    Vu+ DUO - 1M Prime Focus Dish 45e - 30w
    36v motor - V-BOXII - Invacom C120 twin lnb

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

How do all
    I'm waiting for one of these to come from Wizard, been on order for a week or so now but no update as to when stock will arrive. I can't wait though as everything I have read as so postive about this receiver. I've never used a linux box before so I guess I'm in for a lot of head scratching and pulling my hair out capers.

From your pics Sic, I see that there is a SATA cable included in the box, is that right ? Also is there an HDMI cable in there too ?

Thanks for a great forum

micscave

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks

Yep comes complete with SATA cable (there is also the power cable already inside the receiver) and an HDMI cable. You also get the HDD mounting bracket and screws and rubber errrr things to hold it place so it shouldn't vibrate. Strangely though there isn't actually any instructions on how to fit this HDD bracket in the manual but it's fairly straight forward to work out, at least to those who watch the Kryton Factor ;D

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks

Photo's on my review pretty much explain how to fit the HDD http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/vu-d...-duo-receiver/
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast