Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Timer Sanity Error

Title
    Thanks

Timer Sanity Error

I have tuner A set up to a minidish set as one single sat 28E. I then have Tuner B set up to a 85cm motorised dish using usuals settings. All settings seem to be correct but whenever I try to set a timer to record a second channel whilst a first channel is already set to record it will not let me and just comes up with a timer sanity error. I cant work out why this is any ideas?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    What image are you currently using?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Using the DE 1.3.2 m8

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    DE 1.3.2 is currently installed on my Duo. Just setup timers that clashed and got no errors.

My Tuner settings are as below: -

Fixed dish Tuner A

Motorised dish Tuner B

My be worth backing up your CCcam.cfg, settings and bouquets and doing a factory reset.

I had a google around and its seems it could be something to do with the EPG. What EPG have you enabled in EPG panel?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Cheers I give that a go. I'm using the sky uk epg at the mo from the hip hop channel timed to download at 6am each morning. That said I occasionally find it loses some/all of the epg data and I do a manual update from rytec.

Incidentally Is there any way you can time the duo to go back into standby after the epg download from the hip hop channel? I cant find one on this image.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Update this http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...m-Elite-images

Then dissable all enabled EPG downloads.

Re-boot.

Go to EPG panel and enable Satmate_UK EPG. You will find that the Duo stays in standby whilst updating the EPG

Reboot the Duo once again after you've enabled the Satmate_UK EPG.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Retired member (31-05-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Not having a lot of luck sic. I performed a factory reset and then downloaded epg from rytec but still have the same problem. I have then tried to install the file you suggested for the satmate epg but I still do not have an updated list to download from. Satmate is still not an option.

Just to check I am not doing something silly I downloaded the file (which was not a .cfg file?). I then deleted the corresponding file from /etc along with the .cfg file and transferred the downloaded one over to /etc and restarted. Is this correct?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Download the latest file from this post http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...ull=1#post3501

Extract the Deliteepgproviders.cfg from the zip file. Then FTP Deliteepgproviders.cfg to /etc . Just incase chmod the file again to 644, you should be able to chmod using your FTP software by right clicking on the Deliteepgproviders.cfg and selecting Attributes/chmod/permisssion, along something alone those lines depending on what FTP software your using. Re-boot the receiver. Then go to the EPG panel. You should then have all the options listed in post.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Thats what I have done m8. What is confusing me is that the file I am extracting is not a .cfg file. It is just called Deliteepgproviders with no file extansion on the end. Is this right? Either way it does not seem to do anything to the list m8.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_hopley View Post
    Thats what I have done m8. What is confusing me is that the file I am extracting is not a .cfg file. It is just called Deliteepgproviders with no file extansion on the end. Is this right? Either way it does not seem to do anything to the list m8.
    Have you re-booted after FTP'ing the file? I windows it will most likely just show as Deliteepgproviders, but once ftp'ed you should see it as Deliteepgproviders.cfg in the FTP window, see attached screenshot. In EPG panel you should see an option for Satmate_UK near the botton of the lift, you will have to scroll down. See screenshot.

I've had a google about and the problem does look like its epg related. Another thing to do is delete epg.dat and epg.dat.gz from /media/hdd Then re-download the EPG using the satmate_UK option.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry for delay, had to take missus shopping lol. I have tried it again and what seems to happen is I transfer the file over and it still shows as Deliteepgproviders with no file extansion on the end but after a reboot it creates another file which is Deliteepgproviders.cfg in addition to the original file I transferred but it still does not update the list in my epg providers. The only satmate option I have it for Sky Italia.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Sorry for the late reply, had to take missus shopping to

Here's an extracted Deliteepgproviders.cfg for you http://www.mediafire.com/file/4jwzwa...gproviders.cfg

Give that a try.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

mark_hopley (31-05-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Many thanks Sic. A star as always . Extracted file worked a treat and after deleting the epg files from media/hdd the recording 2 channels prob is now solved too.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mark_hopley For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (31-05-10)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_hopley View Post
    Many thanks Sic. A star as always . Extracted file worked a treat and after deleting the epg files from media/hdd the recording 2 channels prob is now solved too.
    Another happy member
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE