Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Problems with my 500 (clone)

Title
    Thanks

Problems with my 500 (clone)

Hello there!

Today I had a minor powerloss wich resulted in my DM500 to go "black".
    The only thing it does now is light up the green LED on the front and nothing more.
    Nonresponsive on the remote, unable to ping it, can't see it on the network at all.

Tried with Dreamup over LAN but since I can't ping no luck there.
    So I guess the only thing to now is to get a nullmodemcable and flash a new image that way?

Or can it be something else that I need to do?
    Is it safe to flash it with the latest PLi-image?

Regards Berggren

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Latest PLi Jade is fine with a clone.

Sounds like Dreamup is your only choice. Let us know how you get on. I've seen 500 clone's behave in this way and its ended up being the PSU even though the green LED lights up. Let's hope it just needs a re-flash.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    as suggested, try dreamup, but via serial port, not lan (as that isn't working)

good luck

Title
    Thanks
    Will try with serialport and Dreamup, just need the cable and the I/Ocard to arrive first.
    To bad the new computers donīt have the ports anymore, sometimes we need the old stuff donīt we?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    if you are talking about a serial port, the usb to serial cable can be used on your computer, just down load the correct drivers, ??
    What else can i say !!.....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dugJTYz-JR4&feature=em-subs_digest

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboy View Post
    if you are talking about a serial port, the usb to serial cable can be used on your computer, just down load the correct drivers, ??
    Some of those can really be fluffy imo. The best ones are PCI cards for PC or pcmcia for laptop.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboy View Post
    True, but since I got them both for the same price as one USB --> serialcable, it wasnīt much of a choice

Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Some of those can really be fluffy imo. The best ones are PCI cards for PC or pcmcia for laptop.
    True, Iīve got the same experience from work were we needed an adapter and we intially opted for the cableadapter and nothing worked as expected. Bought an PCMCIA and everyting was ok.

Title
    Thanks
    Just want to let you guys/girls know that everything worked out great when I got the cable and the I/O-card.
    Flashed with Dreamup and now my box is running latest PLi-image for DM500. So now the missus can use the DM500 in the bedroom and can continue to use the VU+ in the livingroom
    Thank you for your great support here on the forums!

Cheers from Sweden and have a beer, I know I will tonight
    //Berggren

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Berggren For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (28-05-10)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    I'm glad it worked for you

I was a little worried that it could have been the PSU. Seen the samething happened before and it turned out to be the that.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE