Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: spiderbox free gift help

Title
    Thanks

spiderbox free gift help

Hi All
    I have recently purchased a spideboh 9000.I have it set up and recieving channels but cannot seem to find out how to install the f'ree gift'
    Could anyone please give me a step by step guide on where to obtain required patch and how to set it up.
    I have the spiderbox linked by LAN cable to my router but cannot tell if its connected.
    any guidance would be appreciated.

thanks Bob

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    this post should bee in discussion section for spiderbox not here,
    have a look at this guide,

Spiderbox installation guide,for beginners

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    this is a small guide to get your spiderbox working.
    it might not be complete,and if theres anything that you feel needs,
    to be added or is missleading please make a post here ... in general discussion.

theres 3 keys you might find handy in future so write them down on a piece of paper or save it somewhere else, but we are coming to that.

1.on the backside of your stb under the power switch, and in some cases also on carton wich it arrived in, you find the ser nr it starts with an I or 1. “write it down on paper.“

2.if you use a motor and not a fixed dish.go to your nearest referance sat,before you dissconect your old stb,
    this is probably not needed if you use usals,cause then you insert your lat\longitud. but to be on the safe side.
    thats is what i did.

3.connect your new Spiderbox with cables such as scart-hdmi+ypbpr lnb and networkcable etc:

4.Start it up, then press menu and go to option\controlpanel press Ok do your settings such as hd type-video output etc: press Exit when done, and stb autosaves.
    while in option choose your osd setup and time setting.

5.press Left arrow on remote to installation.
    Pin code is 0000
    do your preferd settings such as motor\diseqc switch etc:
    in motor settings press Green button on remote to set your long\latitud,
    dont forgett to pess Ok on save.
    now you can search for sats.... if you not use a channellist offcourse.

6.press Right arrow on remote to Accessory
    go to network and press 1111
    to get hidden menu... (IF THE HIDDEN MENU IS NOT SHOWN) then you first have to (LOAD A PATCH WITH GIFT) on it.
    look belov how to load new patch after,,,,,(Finished. )
    in network press Right arrow on remote Type to On.
    do your ip setup (in most cases auto is ok) “write down your mac address“
    on same paper as ser nr and press Exit.
    go down to nuevoxstream press Ok then Type to On.(on newer boxes sold after aug 2010 only service+ is available,,turn it on and press register)
    go down to Authorization press Ok.
    “write down key“ on same paper as ser nr and mac address and save it somewhere safe. this is the 3 keys you might find usefull in future.
    now go down to register and press Ok.

Finished.

now you can put in your new patches\softcamfiles\channellists.

download extract, to a fat32 formatted usb stick.

conect usb stick to spiderbox usb and in menu go to usb and find the extracted file press Ok on it.

WHEN UPDATE TO NEW PATCH CHOOSE S\W UPDATE ONLY (if you choose S\w+all data your settings dissapear)

when in use of softcamfile, set both ucas to on in key edit.

when in use of a cam and card on same providers as gift,, to avoid conflicts turn gift off..

most times when theres a problem with Network,,a reboot on both stb and router fix that. on stb turn off the main switch at backside.(or in newer patches theres a reboot stb option in menu)

if theres any problem ,,dont be afraid to ask here or in the Spiderbox only forum

Now welcome as a proud owner to a Spiderbox

Title
    Thanks
    Hello chris-k,
    Being new here I found your advice very interesting, I received my new 9000hd a couple of days ago and thought the manual was lacking in details, however I have it working with 2 sats Astra 1 and Eurobird 28.5°E, eurobird was not in the list from the works. I was impressed with the quality of the signal on Eurobird on my 1mt dish in the south of austria.
    I have bought a 2,10x 1,95 dish not yet in use and am asking advise whether to motorise it as I wish to have these same 2 sat plus Thor5/6 and maybe astra 23,5° with more english channels. I first logged on here to find out what is a 'gift patch' I understand a patch is an update for something but on what ?
    After I installed I updated the software.
    Maybe I am in the wrong forum here, where can I find out all things to point me in the right direction?
    Regards

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    a patch is new improved firmware for your box,,,its called patch for the spiderbox and with gift patch you can open up a hidden menu,,and in there is the so called gift package..that can open up some channels if you are connected to internet thru a router with your box.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply, I still have not completly achieved what you wrote in the 'Spiderbox installation guide for beginners' From point 6, I went into network, you said press 1111 to get to the secret menu, i didnt press 1111 and a menu opened with the following items. TYPE -on, Network IPsetup -downloaded, Net SW Download-downloaded, Home stream server - dont understand that it appears to want to give a name. Download EPG data -downloaded
    I could not find nuevoxstream but mine is a newer box from 2012 but still I couldnt find 'service only' so I couldnt turn it on or register it nor to give an aurthorisation.
    On my USB stick I have the following folders and data. Folder 'Records' and in there is 3 further folders ref PULS 4 Sport and then some numbers. The Data on the stick is Spiderbox HD Softcam 4kb, Spiderbox_HD_9000_1115_K.uad 8192kb, STB_ALL.UAD 8192kb, STB_DB.UDB 572kb.
    Obviously I have missed something, where does one get the new patches\softcamfiles\channel lists as you mentioned.
    Hope you can help as you also said dont be afraid to ask.