Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: AutoTimer issue noted for this weekend's Grand Prix - Channel 4

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts

AutoTimer issue noted for this weekend's Grand Prix - Channel 4

I'm just flagging a potential issue for F1 fans who may be using AutoTimer for recording Grand Prix qualifying and highlight sessions on Channel 4. I noticed that there were no timers set on my system for this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix. For the past several years I have been using an AutoTimer with a partial match of "F1" to record the Grand Prix weekend highlights on Channel 4. This has worked pretty faultlessly for me over the seasons. However, Channel 4 have changed the format of the programme title from "F1 - xxxxx Grand Prix" which they have used since they first started broadcasting F1 events, to "Formula One xxxxx GP" for this weekend's events. This has caused a match fail on my AutoTimer. I don't know if this is a permanent change, but folks may need to adjust their title matching to ensure successful timer setting
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

adm (18-04-24),birdman (18-04-24),Willo3092 (18-04-24)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    I'm just flagging a potential issue for F1 fans who may be using AutoTimer for recording Grand Prix qualifying and highlight sessions on Channel 4. I noticed that there were no timers set on my system for this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix. For the past several years I have been using an AutoTimer with a partial match of "F1" to record the Grand Prix weekend highlights on Channel 4. This has worked pretty faultlessly for me over the seasons. However, Channel 4 have changed the format of the programme title from "F1 - xxxxx Grand Prix" which they have used since they first started broadcasting F1 events, to "Formula One xxxxx GP" for this weekend's events. This has caused a match fail on my AutoTimer. I don't know if this is a permanent change, but folks may need to adjust their title matching to ensure successful timer setting

Thanks - noted

I've had this problem in the past with Dr Who where the BBC sometimes used Doctor Who instead of Dr Who
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have a Sky FTA bouquet and obtain my over the air EPG via Sky's IEPG channel.

My EPG says "Formula 1 ....." rather than "Formula One ..." as you state in your post (It's also Formula 1 on Freeview)
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    I have a Sky FTA bouquet and obtain my over the air EPG via Sky's IEPG channel.

My EPG says "Formula 1 ....." rather than "Formula One ..." as you state in your post (It's also Formula 1 on Freeview)
    OOPs - Formula 1 is what it says! My mistake. I'm just using "Formula" as an inexact match, so it works ok - at least for this weekend
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    ...and Channel 4 have reverted to their original title format for this coming weekend's Grand Prix in Miami It is now "F1 - Miami GP xxxx", so my "Formula" title match didn't work. I have reverted to the "F1" format and all events are now marked for recording.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ...and Channel 4 have reverted to their original title format for this coming weekend's Grand Prix in Miami It is now "F1 - Miami GP xxxx", so my "Formula" title match didn't work. I have reverted to the "F1" format and all events are now marked for recording.
    I just have two autotimers now, one for a partial match on "F1" and another for a partial match of "Formula 1"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (Today)

Title
    Thanks
    This is where the old "Series Link" on Freesat comes into its own. Matching on the series CRID value, instead of trying to match on programme title fragments.