Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Stream relay and remote clients

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Stream relay and remote clients

I notice stream relay channels play fine directly on the receiver but will not work when trying to access from a remote client. Is this something I have to live with or can it be made to work?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,960 Times in 3,277 Posts
    Make sure the channel is not in the streamrelay whitelist on the client.

What do you have in the bouquet file?
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The bouquet in question has Sky DE channels in it. I'm not sure what you mean by whitelist on the client (clients run Kodi with the enigama2 add on).

All channels play on the receiver, but only normal channels play on the Kodi clients.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Been struggling with this since my earlier post and not found any viable way forward. For clarity, my goal is to be able to view all channels available on my multi-sat connected Gigablue UE 4K in multiple rooms by using the openwebif / IP streaming capabilities. The GBUE4K is the only box connected to the sat LNB's and I definitely do not want to go down the path of feeding coax to multiple rooms.

I have tried a few different approaches to achieve what I want, but none of them work completely, so I guess I am running into a limitation of using oscam with the stream relay functionality? Free to air channels work just fine and I can access these on remote clients using all of the approaches I have investigated so far. The issue is only with channels requiring the use of stream relay, these work fine when played on the receiver connected to a TV via a HDMI cable but fail to play at all via openwebif.

What I've tried so far

1. Kodi with the E2 PVR addon as a remote client .

Depending on the version of kodi used this works very reliably for free to air channels and non Sky Deutschland encrypted channels. Will not stream the Sky DE channels at all though.

2. Jellyfin as the client with xTeVe running as a proxy to the GB E2 box.

Works (sort of) for FTA channels, though starting the streams is about 10 times slower than using Kodi E2 add on. There's around a 25 - 30 second wait before video starts playing on the client, so it is basically unusable. Sky DE channels will not stream at all anyway. Shame, because I much prefer Jellyfin to Kodi in other respects.

3. Jellyfin as the client with HRTunerproxy running on GB E2 box.

Again, it mostly works with a huge delay starting playback for clear channels but same issue for "stream relay" channels.

Is there any other approach to multi room IP distribution that will work with all the channels my sat box receives?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    So what does a "client" mean? Is it an enigma receiver?

What port are you sending the SR requests on?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No, the "client" isn't an enigma receiver (though I do have an old unused one available which I could try), in this case it is an android TV box running Kodi with the enigma2 add on. I have tried Jellyfin as well, but this requires an extra layer to make the E2 box appear to Jellyfin as a hdhomerun. The main receiver (server) is a gigablue enigma2 connected to the satellites and the SR channels play as they should on the receiver itself. What I am trying to do is view these SR channels remotely via IP / openwebif. It works perfectly except when trying to access channels which require SR.

I am coming to the conclusion that it can't be done.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    I'm assuming the server box is running 6.5.002.

So when streaming from enigma in kodi you must be using port 08001. Try switching to 17999.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Morini (17-04-24)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I was experimenting this morning, this was before I saw your latest reply.

I didn't quite get where you were coming from when you asked earlier what port stream relay was using, but it got me thinking and the penny dropped. In the oscam settings SR is set to use port 8001 the openwebif streaming port is also set to 8001. I though the easiest thing to try was to change the streaming port in openwebif to 8101, but initially this didn't help (nothing would stream at this point). Some googling later I came across a post on here mentioning transportstream proxy so I tried the suggestion of adding

8101 stream tcp6 nowait root /usr/bin/transtreamproxy transtreamproxy

to /etc/inetd.conf

A reboot later and lo and behold, I can now access all the SR SkyDE channels via openwebif. The only problem is, when set up like this none of the other channels will stream only the SR channels work. I've taken things back to basics and just using a web browser and VLC to test these experiments in order to avoid muddying the waters further. Even then, it's a bit weird and I'm a lot confused!

To answer your question, yes my receiver is on the latest 6.5.002 openvix.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

I didn't quite get where you were coming from when you asked earlier what port stream relay was using, but it got me thinking and the penny dropped. In the oscam settings SR is set to use port 8001 the openwebif streaming port is also set to 8001. I though the easiest thing to try was to change the streaming port in openwebif to 8101, but initially this didn't help (nothing would stream at this point). Some googling later I came across a post on here mentioning transportstream proxy so I tried the suggestion of adding

to /etc/inetd.conf

A reboot later and lo and behold, I can now access all the SR SkyDE channels via openwebif. The only problem is, when set up like this none of the other channels will stream only the SR channels work. I've taken things back to basics and just using a web browser and VLC to test these experiments in order to avoid muddying the waters further. Even then, it's a bit weird and I'm a lot confused!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,896 Times in 2,249 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morini View Post

to /etc/inetd.conf

As Huevos says - use 17999, but Oscam must be running on the E2 box.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Morini (17-04-24)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    As Huevos says - use 17999, but Oscam must be running on the E2 box.
    I assume you mean set the streaming port to 17999 in the openwebif plugin? I will try it and report back.

[edit]

Yeah, that works perfectly.

Wish I'd known that form the start. Could have saved the hair loss!

Thank you both for guiding me in the right direction, it is much appreciated.
    Last edited by Morini; 17-04-24 at 15:28. Reason: Update

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,896 Times in 2,249 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morini View Post
    I assume you mean set the streaming port to 17999 in the openwebif plugin? I will try it and report back.

[edit]

Yeah, that works perfectly.

Wish I'd known that form the start. Could have saved the hair loss!

Thank you both for guiding me in the right direction, it is much appreciated.
    The OpenViX team tested this on Monday and a few combinations worked.
    Streamrelay uses 17999. So for instance on an E2 client box using the server url and the port 17999, will allow streaming of all services.
    So you should be able to use Kodi in this way.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    The OpenViX team tested this on Monday and a few combinations worked.
    Streamrelay uses 17999. So for instance on an E2 client box using the server url and the port 17999, will allow streaming of all services.
    So you should be able to use Kodi in this way.
    I can confirm it does work fine in Kodi, though seeing video the first time a channel is selected seems to take a few seconds more. Switching between channels from that point is reasonably quick.

The only thing I noticed is on the receiver (information -> streaming clients) it always shows "localhost" rather than the IP of the client device. Not really an issue for me, but originally it di show the correct address of the client(s).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Morini For This Useful Post:

twol (17-04-24)