Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Zgemma H7S 4K UHD 2x DVB-S2X + 1x DVB-C/T2 - LATEST VERSION V2 WITH REAR HDD SLOT" questions

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Your comment saying you had "two unicables connected" is what threw me. There is nothing wrong with having a unicable signal supply as well as a legacy signal supply to one receiver. Wrong is having one physical setup and configuring it for something different, even if it works. As you have removed the universal cable and all 8 tuners work without issue, that should be fine.
    It's not broke so I'll be leaving it alone.

As both cables from this dish with the unicable LNB go to the one location (where the Duo 4K SE) is, then it is no point considering using this unicable LNB. Unless you can tap into it. I have looked at your previous posts and cant find the make/model of your unicable LNB.
    The Duo and the Zgemma will shortly be in different rooms with a universal feed for the Zgemma and the Unicable continuing to supply the Duo. The LNB is a GT-Sat GT-S1DCSS24.

Your description of another dish and multiswitch opens up more opportunities. They are usually quattro LNBs though. Personally, I would have used a unicable/dscr switch in the loft instead of another dish. You can still change it if needed in future. It is fine as it is now. Have you got a diagram of the wiring for the coaxial cables?
    The multiswitch installation predates the present arrangement by 10? years but I understand the opportunity you've suggested. I'll bear it in mind for the next time something breaks!

As I understand of your setup where the Zgemma is, you can have one satellite tuner configured and one Terrestrial. If you set up fallback tuner, you will always be able to access more 28.2 tuners through the Vu+ when required.
    I'll need to think that through and won't be doing anything until I'm sure I've got my head around it. Eight concurrent recordings is currently sufficient!

Let see how you get on with the Zgemma.
    We're coexisting quite nicely at the moment though I've a real dislike of the remote. The Vu+ remote is far more user-friendly, something which is important as the Zgemma is destined for my tech-phobic wife.

Thank you again for your help and patience. I really have appreciated it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to digitl For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (08-04-24)

Title
    Thanks
    Here is a tip and you will thank me, ditch that remote for the zgemma and get this one from amazon

"New Replacement Zgemma Remote Control for Zgemma Star Satellite Receiver - No Setup Needed"

Best value ever. I use good batteries as well.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Also just moved from Solo2 to ZGamma and love the Vu+ remote, although I've been using these for god knows how long so will take time to adjust!
    Quite impressed so far, the reboot speed is astonishingly good, and great being able to mix Terrestrial and Sat channels in one bouquet.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stash36 For This Useful Post:

digitl (10-04-24)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stash36 View Post
    Also just moved from Solo2 to ZGamma and love the Vu+ remote, although I've been using these for god knows how long so will take time to adjust!
    Quite impressed so far, the reboot speed is astonishingly good, and great being able to mix Terrestrial and Sat channels in one bouquet.
    I'm still trying to discover whether or not the Vu+ remote is compatible with the Zgemma. It's a much more user-friendly remote.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12