Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Hardisk recovery

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Hardisk recovery

Hi,

While I was away (Sod's Law!) we seem to have lost all recordings on the hardisk -- just an empty /timeshift was left. Recordings started appearing on the only other storage, a USB thumb drive which was installed for picons and a few images for the front display. I'm wondering if the many harddisk recordings can be recovered and how I'd go about it.

Mount managed shows the disk with size 'unavailable', mount 'none'. Attempts to mount it give a 'Mount failed' error message:
    <enigma.gPixMapPtr;proxy of <SwigObject of type 'ePtr< gPixmap > *' at 0x6aad1518> >)'. error code = 65280.

Info > Devices suggests the disk may be full;
    WDCWD60EZRZ-00G) - ATA Bus (HDD)(5.86 TB) Free: full

I've tried a few hit-and-hope options: have set the thumb drive as harddisk under Mount Manager and its now set as target for timeshift and recordings.

After various reboots, Setup > Storage > 'Filesystem check' shows basic disk info but doesn't appear to do anything.

I'd appreciate any help...

Thanks!

Title
    Thanks
    I look in on and off. Have you opened box and taken out HDD or even tried another one. Is it an SSD or the old type? 5.86 TB !!! How big is HDD?

A hard reboot and have a look, and then reboot using the remote onscreen one. Flash back to 6.3. The list is endless.

I have an xtrend for SWMBO and on Sat lost a prog. I had a backup box so xfrd to xtrend, did a hard reboot and .... really old recordings appeared, did another xfr, then a remote reboot and all lost appeared. weird. I hope you follow that.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    had this once too and hard reboot and immediatly did check HDD for errors (is inside image).Before remove everything from USB ports.This solved the problem.Just do not do a format of the disk.
    Last edited by bellejt; Today at 12:16.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E