Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Dual band WiFi and OpenVix on Gigablue UHD UE 4K

Title
    Thanks

Dual band WiFi and OpenVix on Gigablue UHD UE 4K

Hi,

I have just purchased a Gigablue UHD UE 4K and would like to use a dual band WiFi dongle either with antenna or NANO type hanging off USB extension cable. Both bands have good Signal at location where the sat box will be situated.

I am waiting on the delivery of an 8GB dongle to flash OpenVix. While I am waiting for this to arrive, I have done some preliminary research on WiFi dongle support in OpenVix and was thinking of one of these https://deviwiki.com/wiki/TP-LINK_Archer_T2U_Plus it uses Realtek RTL8811AU and has ID: 2357:0120. There is also a NANO version with same chipset and ID: 0bda:a811 according to the Wiki page.

I noticed in this feed https://feed.teamblue.tech/?dir=6.4-release/gb7325/all that RTL8812AU plugin is listed, but not RTL8811AU. Further research and apparently 8811 can use 8812 driver? Are either of these likely to work and be an OK choice for my sat box and OpenViX OS?

Thanks

Andy

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    We don't have one to try. Best thing would be buy online and send back if you can't get it working.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

rgv250 (04-03-24)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks, have decided to forget 5GHZ and go for a TL-WN823N. RTL8192XX chipset variations have plugins listed in the feed, so hopefully it will be OK. Will feedback results either way.

Title
    Thanks
    Installed OpenVix this morning, TL-WN823N was picked up and working without me having to do anything more than enter encryption and key.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rgv250 For This Useful Post:

Huevos (06-03-24),Joe_90 (06-03-24),twol (06-03-24)