Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zgemma 11s download plugins not working

Title
    Thanks

Zgemma 11s download plugins not working

Hi,

I've recently purchased the Zgemma 11s and have the latest Openvix 6.4 installed. I've setup with internet access via an Ethernet connected WiFi access point (the same as all previous boxes). The box has internet access and I get all green ticks on the network test, however, when I press green on plugins to download I get a message saying it has no internet access? I can ftp and ssh the box and I can view IPTV feeds when downloading a channel list so I know the box has internet access do I can't work out why it can't download the plugins?

Any help will be gratefully received!

MM

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mediaman View Post
    Hi,

I've recently purchased the Zgemma 11s and have the latest Openvix 6.4 installed. I've setup with internet access via an Ethernet connected WiFi access point (the same as all previous boxes). The box has internet access and I get all green ticks on the network test, however, when I press green on plugins to download I get a message saying it has no internet access? I can ftp and ssh the box and I can view IPTV feeds when downloading a channel list so I know the box has internet access do I can't work out why it can't download the plugins?

Any help will be gratefully received!

MM
    1. turn on debug logs ... men/system/logs/settings ------- enable, save not to flash, set local time
    2, putty into box........login root & password if set, If not set password via entering "passwd" and enter the password 2 x (Yes command is passwd)
    then type "opkg update" and see what it says

If opkg shows nothing obvious, post debug log from where you have saved it(above)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    1. turn on debug logs ... men/system/logs/settings ------- enable, save not to flash, set local time
    2, putty into box........login root & password if set, If not set password via entering "passwd" and enter the password 2 x (Yes command is passwd)
    then type "opkg update" and see what it says

If opkg shows nothing obvious, post debug log from where you have saved it(above)
    Thanks, the opkg acted normally, i.e. it downloaded and applied the updates to all sources. Therefore, I've run the log and attached below.

Enigma2_debug_2024-02-27_19-45-00.log
    Last edited by mediaman; 27-02-24 at 21:00.

Title
    Thanks
    1. are you using a static ip? Looks like dhcp is disabled.
    2. can you go to plugins, hit green button (download feeds) an dpost log.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    1. are you using a static ip? Looks like dhcp is disabled.
    2. can you go to plugins, hit green button (download feeds) an dpost log.
    1. Yes I'm using a static ip with dhcp disabled so that the ip address doesn't change when I reboot my router. I tried enabling it and it made no difference.
    2. Log attached below:
    Enigma2_debug_2024-02-27_19-45-01.log

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    1. Yes I'm using a static ip with dhcp disabled so that the ip address doesn't change when I reboot my router. I tried enabling it and it made no difference.
    2. Log attached below:
    Enigma2_debug_2024-02-27_19-45-01.log
    Your netmask setting appears to be wrong - should be 255.255.255.0
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    Your netmask setting appears to be wrong - should be 255.255.255.0
    I tried changing it but it didn't make any difference?

Title
    Thanks
    from log its not connecting: - see below) and as per Joe90 netmask doesn,t look correct.
    So enable dhcp, let it assign an ip address and then reboot.
    Try plugin feeds again. If that works then disable dhcp and chnage to your static IP address.

Code:
    19:51:03.1654 [InfoBarGenerics] Key: 399 (Break) KeyID='KEY_GREEN' Binding='('GREEN',)'.
    19:51:03.1655 [ActionMap] Keymap 'ColorActions' -> Action = 'green'.
    19:51:03.1663 [About] ifreq:  {'ifname': 'eth0', 'addr': '192.168.1.45', 'brdaddr': '0.0.0.0', 'hwaddr': '00:17:9A:28:8E:6C', 'netmask': '255.255.0.0'}
    19:51:03.1664 [OnlineUpdateCheck][adapterAvailable] PASSED
    19:51:05.1680 [OnlineUpdateCheck][NetworkUp] FAILED <class 'TimeoutError'>
    19:51:05.1689 [About] ifreq:  {'ifname': 'eth0', 'addr': '192.168.1.45', 'brdaddr': '0.0.0.0', 'hwaddr': '00:17:9A:28:8E:6C', 'netmask': '255.255.0.0'}
    19:51:05.1690 [OnlineUpdateCheck][adapterAvailable] PASSED
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Not sure why the question mark on your reply, but I assume you rebooted after changing the setting? (this is a question).

Maybe the IP address you set clashed with another already in use by your router. As @twol suggested, try using DHCP temporarily to see if it works. It looks like a straightforward "no connection" issue. What wifi dongle are you using? I myself had an issue with a particular dongle which would connect initially, but then drop the connection after a couple of minutes. The same dongle worked perfectly in a different machine.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Not sure why the question mark on your reply, but I assume you rebooted after changing the setting? (this is a question).

Maybe the IP address you set clashed with another already in use by your router. As @twol suggested, try using DHCP temporarily to see if it works. It looks like a straightforward "no connection" issue. What wifi dongle are you using? I myself had an issue with a particular dongle which would connect initially, but then drop the connection after a couple of minutes. The same dongle worked perfectly in a different machine.
    Yes I tried rebooting both the box and router, without success. I am using an Edimax EW-7228APn wifi access point. I've also tried with a 3com usb wifi dongle with the same results. On both the only way I can get them to connect to my router properly is by setting up a static ip address. Then the box can access the internet but the plugins refuse to acknowlege the connection for some reason?

Title
    Thanks
    Are you primarily using a wired connection into the Edimax? You mention using a 3Com USB dongle "also", so I assume you are using wired and wireless connections alternatively?

The setup on my AX HD61 is a USB wifi dongle connecting to a Netgear wifi Access Point which is wired to a TP-Link router. It will work with DHCP or with a fixed IP address. You just need to ensure that there is consistency in the IP numbering scheme in your AP and your router. It's a bit of a mystery why you can access the box and why opkg worked for you but the GUI doesn't work for plugins download. Is it the same for firmware update? The only thing I can think of is that the "check for internet access" is failing on access to Google / Microsoft which it tries beforehand

Title
    Thanks
    Yes I tried rebooting both the box and router, without success. I am using an Edimax EW-7228APn wifi access point. I've also tried with a 3com usb wifi dongle with the same results. On both the only way I can get them to connect to my router properly is by setting up a static ip address. Then the box can access the internet but the plugins refuse to acknowlege the connection for some reason?
    I had another look at your debug log. The broadcast address seems to be set to the box itself (192.168.1.45) which is most odd. Normally the broadcast address on a network would be 192.168.1.255 or 192.168.0.255 on the most common household setups. Is there a particular reason why your netmask setting also was wrong? Just a typo or are you trying to route between different LAN segments in your household? To me, it's looking like some basic misconfiguration in the network, either at the router or in the AP.

Title
    Thanks
    Both the edimax and 3Com dongles are wifi, the only difference between a wired connection to the box from the Edimax and USB from the dongle. Netmask was a typo but it didn't seem to make any difference changing it anyway.

I do have a Smart DNS running on my router, could that be an issue?

Title
    Thanks
    I had another look at your debug log. The broadcast address seems to be set to the box itself (192.168.1.45) which is most odd. Normally the broadcast address on a network would be 192.168.1.255 or 192.168.0.255 on the most common household setups. Is there a particular reason why your netmask setting also was wrong? Just a typo or are you trying to route between different LAN segments in your household? To me, it's looking like some basic misconfiguration in the network, either at the router or in the AP.
    Is there a way to change the broadcast address?

Title
    Thanks
    Both the edimax and 3Com dongles are wifi, the only difference between a wired connection to the box from the Edimax and USB from the dongle. Netmask was a typo but it didn't seem to make any difference changing it anyway.

I do have a Smart DNS running on my router, could that be an issue?
    I'm confused - the Edimax is an Access Point, not a USB dongle, surely? I'm assuming the Edimax is connected to your router via ethernet and provides a wifi service to your devices. It may also provide an ethernet connection to nearby devices.

For example, my Netgear Access Point (WAC 104) sits in my living room and is wired back to my TP-Link router located in the study. The Netgear provides a wifi service to my HD 61 sat box in an upstairs bedroom and to various other wifi devices. The Netgear also has several ethernet ports which are hard-wired to my Blu-ray player and my GB Quad Plus sat box in the living room.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast