Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: help with this auto-timer

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

help with this auto-timer

Please help setting this Autotimer.

I want to record on only ONE satellite and on ANY channel any program which has, for example showing 'OPERA'.

I attach the settings so far, but I have had no luck in getting this to work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    So is your intention that there should only ever be one instance of a timer recording running at a time for this Autotimer, even if there were multiple overlapping OPERA items?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    - also - your setting of "opera" and "exact" in the title criteria would mean that the box would only ever record a programme with that exact title. If you wanted to record any programme which had "opera" anywhere in its title, then you could use "partial match".
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Also, set to case-insensitive so Opera will be picked up as well as opera anywhere in the title. If you set search type to description match, descriptions will be searched. If you want both title and description matched then two autotimers will be needed. Note that partial and description matching will provide hits on other words such as operation and operator.
    VU+ Uno 4K SE Twin FBC Tuner 1TB HDD - Magic-FHD skin
    TV - LG OLED55CS6LA
    Remote - Logitech Harmony One

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Unable to look at the suggestions until tomarrow. Meanwhile thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    And further, you have restricted the autotimer to one or more services. This is okay for a specific series, but for a general search you may want to just restrict to a bouquet.

Personally, I set up a favourites bouquet with the channels that interest me and generally just restrict to that.

You can set defaults in Menu-> Timers -> AutoTimers then press Menu again and choose Edit New Timer Defaults.
    TV - LG OLED55CS6LA

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have now tried the suggestions above and all is now working. Thank you.

One question though, how do select the whole satellite, say 13w, instead of laboriously selecting numerous channels?
    If I understand 'Valiant' I can put all the channels I want to monitor in their own Bouquet, is that right?

Title
    Thanks
    Find the Bouquets(TV) screen, the TV button on your remote. This lists the Bouquets that you have.

Press Menu and you can choose Add bouquet.

After creating your favourites bouquet you can select channels in the other bouquets and again using the Menu option choose Add service to bouquet to copy into your favourites bouquet.

Choose Enable move mode to highlight channels in your favourites bouquet and order them to your liking.
    Last edited by Valiant; 13-02-24 at 14:40.
    TV - LG OLED55CS6LA

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Valiant For This Useful Post:

bmitie (14-02-24)

Title
    Thanks
    I am assuming that you are creating bouquets somehow. I use the AutoBouquetsMaker in Menu -> Setup -> Tuners and scanning.
    TV - LG OLED55CS6LA

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Everything now working perfectly.

My thanks to all above especially Valiant.