Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: no FTP or network access, but software update works fine

Title
    Thanks

no FTP or network access, but software update works fine

Hi,

My SF8008 is connected to the local network via Wi-Fi (unforunately wired is not possible ATM)

The software update function works fine, so I know the STB is connected to the internet.

If I try to transfer a file from my PC to the box, I cannot establish a connection via Filezilla (FTP), and Windows 10 network neighborhood does not display the SF8008. I have tried OpenPLI and OpenBlackhole images with the same result.

I had this problem a couple of days ago and I restarted the STB, ran Network wizard again, rebooted router, rebooted PC, (all multiple times), changed network password on STB, re-selected default network on STB, removed/reinstalled Filezilla, reset network password on STB again....and it magically started working (FTP and Network Neighborhood).

Tonight, I cannot get FTP, or Network Neighborhood to establish a connection; has anyone else experienced this problem with the SF8008?

I have a GigaBlue STB at home and have never had this problem??

Thanks for any help.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Double checked your network ip has not changed and in Filezilla you have entered your password to gain entry.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks cactikid.

Router is set up to always use same IP address for sf8008. I have verified this multiple times, IP address has not changed.

I changed password on stb multiple times. So I also input corresponding password after changed.

I think it could be the embedded WiFi on the stb.

I'm gonna try a WiFi dongle , if no dice, I might give it away.

I'll prolly get used vu + or xtrend, never had any problems with them.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Your box should be okay but hard wired is better than Wifi.
    Make sure you buy a supported Wifi dongle as will need a driver to download first possibly before it works,

I don't think i have gone into my router settings as checked box for current ip and Samba and Nfs are running.
    Not sure if your box is in a low signal.

Powerplugs were another way of getting lan to your box if on the same circuit.
    Last edited by cactikid; 06-01-24 at 14:03.

Title
    Thanks
    I just tried DBedit, and WinSCP, could not establish a connection with either of them.

Are any WiFi dongles available at stores in the UK that will work out of the box in SF8008?

Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost_one View Post
    I think it could be the embedded WiFi on the stb.
    If a software update (I presume over the network?) is working then you have a functioning network interface.
    So if you can't connect to it there is a configuration issue somewhere.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

7. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (08-01-24)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Can you run a network test on box to see if all is green?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    is samba and FTP active on the box ? Working fine here over wifi to access box with DCC an foxed IP in box
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your replies.

I'm having the same problem today.

I cannot establish a connection with WinSCP, DBEdit, or Filezilla. The network tests all pass(green), they always have, even when I had this problem last week. The network password on box is correct, as i have changed it with several different passwords repeatedly.

I just performed a system update on the STB about 5 minutes ago, all went flawlessly.

It's really strange, when this happened last week, after a series of restarting network on STB, rebooting STB itself, it magically started working??

Title
    Thanks
    is samba and FTP active on the box ? Working fine here over wifi to access box with DCC an foxed IP in box
    I forgot to say that SAMBA and FTP are both active.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    By restarting box could have been a Wifi issue as i bet if you had a long lan cable it would work.

Maybe something is blocking interfering with your signal.

What electronics have you got near it i wonder?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost_one View Post
    I cannot establish a connection with WinSCP, DBEdit, or Filezilla. The network tests all pass(green), they always have, even when I had this problem last week. The network password on box is correct, as i have changed it with several different passwords repeatedly.

I just performed a system update on the STB about 5 minutes ago, all went flawlessly.

It's really strange, when this happened last week, after a series of restarting network on STB, rebooting STB itself, it magically started working??
    Do you have a static IP address assigned on the box, or are you using DHCP?

There is a difference between the box calling out and you trying to call in to it.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD