Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Not switching back from 60Hz

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not switching back from 60Hz

Title
    Thanks

Not switching back from 60Hz

Hi,
    Since the last update a couple of days ago, my box will not switch the TV back to 50Hz after playing 60Hz or 24Hz material. Refresh rate is set to multi.
    If I manually change resolution (2160 <> 1080) it corrects itself.
    If I switch to 6.3 or OpenATV on another multiboot slot, they are fine.
    I've not tried a reflash yet.
    Glenn

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn2 View Post
    Hi,
    Since the last update a couple of days ago, my box will not switch the TV back to 50Hz after playing 60Hz or 24Hz material. Refresh rate is set to multi.
    If I manually change resolution (2160 <> 1080) it corrects itself.
    If I switch to 6.3 or OpenATV on another multiboot slot, they are fine.
    I've not tried a reflash yet.
    Glenn
    that change was made exactly for that issue and although tested on both my ViX images and by somebody else on obh, gigablue is slightly different, ......... so can you do the following.....
    If not set already, turn on debug logs ... menu, setup, system, logs, settings ... enable, save to HDD not flash, and set local time.
    Preferably stop the box using Putty on your PC (init 4 .. space between) and then copy attachment to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens
    Restart the box (init 3 (space between) with Putty)

Test !! and post debug logs here....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Glenn2 (14-12-23)

Title
    Thanks

same problem

Title
    Thanks
    This is after a clean install (see other post on download fails) of vix 6.4.010 on a free slot.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goo View Post
    This is after a clean install (see other post on download fails) of vix 6.4.010 on a free slot.
    as per post 2 can copy over the file and try it??
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    that change was made exactly for that issue and although tested on both my ViX images and by somebody else on obh, gigablue is slightly different, ......... so can you do the following.....
    If not set already, turn on debug logs ... menu, setup, system, logs, settings ... enable, save to HDD not flash, and set local time.
    Preferably stop the box using Putty on your PC (init 4 .. space between) and then copy attachment to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens
    Restart the box (init 3 (space between) with Putty)

Test !! and post debug logs here....
    OK, I have done as you asked. It switched back to 50Hz fine though in this test.
    I wasn't sure if your file was for diagnosis or to fix the issue? If it was a fix then it worked, if it wasn't then I am confused!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Samba'd file over and restarted (last time I used putty I was fixing my Mother's shed window, AND I can't remember how to use the other Putty).
    Seems to have fixed it though. At least to 24Hz and back to live TV 25/50Hz.

Any idea why the Philips 65OLED706 sees the live TV as 12bit (I presume it is 8bit)and the 10bit HDR10 video as 8bit?
    Strangely the TV sees the exact same video file from the Pi (Libreelec 11.03) as 12bit.

Title
    Thanks
    Samba'd file over and restarted (last time I used putty I was fixing my Mother's shed window, AND I can't remember how to use the other Putty).
    Seems to have fixed it though. At least to 24Hz and back to live TV 25/50Hz.

Any idea why the Philips 65OLED706 sees the live TV as 12bit (I presume it is 8bit)and the 10bit HDR10 video as 8bit?
    Strangely the TV sees the exact same video file from the Pi (Libreelec 11.03) as 12bit.
    Sorry no idea, have not looked at the hdr settings recently .. which can be changed depending on the receiver
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn2 View Post
    OK, I have done as you asked. It switched back to 50Hz fine though in this test.
    I wasn't sure if your file was for diagnosis or to fix the issue? If it was a fix then it worked, if it wasn't then I am confused!
    Both! Many thanks, appreciate you taking the time to do this. I should know better than trusting issues reported by other image developers.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Glenn2 (14-12-23)

Title
    Thanks
    FYI.
    Have tested the same 8bit_1080p and UHD_10bit 24Hz video clips on Zgemma H7S, GBQuad4K and RPi4, all HDMIs to the same TV.
    Both sat boxes on vix 6.4.010, and Auto Resolution set to "All Resolutions".
    It's possible the TV could be wrong, but:-

TV sees RPi4 8bit clip as 8bit 1080p RGB, and 10bit clip as 12bit UHD BT.2020.
    It sees Zgemma 8bit clip as 8bit 1080p BT.709, and 10bit clip as 8bit UHD BT.2020. Maybe it doesn't do more than 8-bit!
    It sees GBQuad 8bit clip as 8bit 3840x2160 (it's definitely set to 24Hz 1080p in "Auto Resolution") BT.2020, and 10bit clip as 8bit UHD BT.2020.

If I set the GBQuad "HDMI ColorDepth" manually to 8bit, the TV sees it as 12bit.
    If I set it to 10bit, the TV sees it as 10bit.
    If I set it to 12bit, the TV sees it as 12bit (yesterday this set it to 8bit).

Title
    Thanks
    FYI.
    Have tested the same 8bit_1080p and UHD_10bit 24Hz video clips on Zgemma H7S, GBQuad4K and RPi4, all HDMIs to the same TV.
    Both sat boxes on vix 6.4.010, and Auto Resolution set to "All Resolutions".
    It's possible the TV could be wrong, but:-

TV sees RPi4 8bit clip as 8bit 1080p RGB, and 10bit clip as 12bit UHD BT.2020.
    It sees Zgemma 8bit clip as 8bit 1080p BT.709, and 10bit clip as 8bit UHD BT.2020. Maybe it doesn't do more than 8-bit!
    It sees GBQuad 8bit clip as 8bit 3840x2160 (it's definitely set to 24Hz 1080p in "Auto Resolution") BT.2020, and 10bit clip as 8bit UHD BT.2020.

If I set the GBQuad "HDMI ColorDepth" manually to 8bit, the TV sees it as 12bit.
    If I set it to 10bit, the TV sees it as 10bit.
    If I set it to 12bit, the TV sees it as 12bit (yesterday this set it to 8bit).
    The settings are whatever the box drivers support(and that varies tremendously) and apart from Vu+4K boxes taken from the box procs , so thats probably an issue…. I will have a look over the weekend

By the way how do you know what the TV is seeing?
    Last edited by twol; 15-12-23 at 20:30.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    That IS what the TV is seeing (taken from TV info screen, as per post #3). Second paragraph starts "TV sees".
    If you mean the actual picture, it looks ok.

Here are photos of what the TV sees when playing the same files from a USB flash drive:-
    usb 1080.jpgusb 4k.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    That IS what the TV is seeing (taken from TV info screen, as per post #3). Second paragraph starts "TV sees".
    If you mean the actual picture, it looks ok.

Here are photos of what the TV sees when playing the same files from a USB flash drive:-
    usb 1080.jpgusb 4k.jpg
    So to clarify, you get the information by pressing an Info button on the Philips 65OLED706 remote?
    rpi4 is a raspberry box? Where does that fit in?
    Last edited by twol; 16-12-23 at 19:39.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    If you press the "+" (Options) button on the TV remote while it is displaying an external input, then click on "Device info" it will display info about that input.

The RPi4, and probably the Zgemma H7C (H7S was typo), was just to compare with the GBQuad, what the TV thinks the signal it is receiving is.
    The last post was to show what the TV thinks the file format is when it plays it itself from USB.

It is the same 2 files on all devices.

Title
    Thanks
    Going back to your original response...

Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    that change was made exactly for that issue...
    ...I'm wondering what issue they were trying to fix. I have always had a problem where sometimes (let's say 1 in 10 times) when the box switches refresh rate, I just get a blank screen, even the TV's own menus do not appear when invoked. I just go in and out of standby on the Gigablue (which does the same to the TV) and all is well again. I have got so used to doing this that I forgot that I was even doing it. Is that the issue they were trying to fix? If that could be fixed it would be great, although obviously without messing it up completely as per this attempt. Most of the stuff I watch is Freesat 25i (50Hz) so it's not a major inconvenience though anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast