Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Zgemma H7s - issue changing timeshift settings in menus

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments

Thread: Zgemma H7s - issue changing timeshift settings in menus

Title
    Thanks

Zgemma H7s - issue changing timeshift settings in menus

Hi all,

Been having some "challenges" with timeshift over the yeasrs so I decided I would go into the menus and check the timeshift settings. I went into Recordings and Timeshift in the menus and the to "timeshift" but I am getting an error in the screen. It is telling me that the directory media/hdd/timeshift is invalid as it must be ext or nfs. It is of course but the upshot is that I cannot navigate the menus within this screen as the up and down are effectively locked out. I can only press the red button to cancel and come out. If I then go into the recording and playback screen I get the same error message and can't navigate that screen either.

Recordings and Timeshift do work and the debug logs show timeshift files being deleted when I stop timeshift so someting is a bit awry ??

2023-11-23 17_24_00-Zgemma H7 - OpenWebif.jpg

thanks
    Paul

Title
    Thanks
    2023-11-23 17_30_30-Zgemma H7 - OpenWebif.jpg
    Here is the screen from the recording section

Title
    Thanks
    and here is the filesystem (ext4) for media/hdd:

TARGET SOURCE FSTYPE OPTIONS
    / /dev/mmcblk0p7[/linuxrootfs2] ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered
    ├─/proc proc proc rw,relatime
    ├─/sys sysfs sysfs rw,relatime
    │ └─/sys/kernel/debug debugfs debugfs rw,relatime
    ├─/dev devtmpfs devtmpfs rw,relatime,size=190208k,nr_inodes=47552,mode=755
    │ └─/dev/pts devpts devpts rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000
    ├─/media tmpfs tmpfs rw,relatime,size=64k
    │ ├─/media/hdd /dev/sdb1 vfat rw,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022 ,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro
    │ │ └─/media/hdd /dev/sda1 ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered
    │ └─/media/autofs /etc/auto.network autofs rw,relatime,fd=6,pgrp=2159,timeout=5,minproto=5,ma xproto=5,indirect
    ├─/boot /dev/mmcblk0p1 vfat rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,ioc harset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro
    └─/var/volatile tmpfs tmpfs rw,relatime

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smipx View Post
    and here is the filesystem (ext4) for media/hdd:

TARGET SOURCE FSTYPE OPTIONS
    / /dev/mmcblk0p7[/linuxrootfs2] ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered
    ├─/proc proc proc rw,relatime
    ├─/sys sysfs sysfs rw,relatime
    │ └─/sys/kernel/debug debugfs debugfs rw,relatime
    ├─/dev devtmpfs devtmpfs rw,relatime,size=190208k,nr_inodes=47552,mode=755
    │ └─/dev/pts devpts devpts rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000
    ├─/media tmpfs tmpfs rw,relatime,size=64k
    │ ├─/media/hdd /dev/sdb1 vfat rw,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022 ,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro
    │ │ └─/media/hdd /dev/sda1 ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered
    │ └─/media/autofs /etc/auto.network autofs rw,relatime,fd=6,pgrp=2159,timeout=5,minproto=5,ma xproto=5,indirect
    ├─/boot /dev/mmcblk0p1 vfat rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,ioc harset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro
    └─/var/volatile tmpfs tmpfs rw,relatime
    So what does MountManager show? Blue button, vix, mountmanager
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Twol.

U R a star. In fact I had a small USB stick plugged into the back but for some odd reason the system thought it was a 1Tb USB hard drive of format vfat. In fact the USB stick is a little 4Gb FAT32 formatted drive. It was however corrupted at some point by the Zgemma as when I plugged it in to my PC it came up with a chkdsk prompt!! Go figure :-).

2023-11-23 22_51_13-Photo - Google Photos.jpg

In any event the OpenVix was reading it as Vfat and 983Gb (identical size to the internal SATA hard drive) and also decided to use it for timeshift over and above the proper timeshift location used for eon's

Now...... Had a chance to fiddle with the timeshift settings and I also fixed my other bugbear. As it was, with Timeshift, if I paused a program and then used the 3,6,9, buttons to jump through it (e.g. past adverts) then, if I inadvertantly pressed 3 or 6 or 9 and it took be beyond the end of the current shifted recording then a most odd thing happened. the system went into a bit of a limbo situation where timeshift was still active but the TV program went to real time. I could not press "stop" and get the usual prompt to save / discard timeshift nor could I press pause again to re-pause the live program. The only way to get the pause button to work again was to press the stop button twice (to get a red cross in the top left) or change channel and change back again. That then terminated the orginal timeshift session and allowed me to pause (timeshift) again.

Well-ie well well well (as Art Garfunkel in "Detectorists" would say) - If I set the setting in timeshift that is called "Skip Jumping to live TV........." to yes it fixes the issue by the back door. It then does not seem to allow you to skip past the end of the timeshift file and so you have to press stop to stop it rather then being kicked into a limbo state. Problem solved but...... This setting is meant to relate to allowing Timeshift to work with alternative Audio Plugins - why that would be the case and why it would seem to fix it is a mystery to me.

Thanks
    Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images