Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Recorded Strictly last night but with embedded NARRATIVE and cant turn off-Help!!

Title
    Thanks

Recorded Strictly last night but with embedded NARRATIVE and cant turn off-Help!!

This is a major problem, Strictly Come Dancing is a very important program but last night it recorded and has an embedded nar line that I cant turn off via the yellow button as the facility is not showing.

Is there anyway I can FTP into box and delete that particular piece of code or any other work round?

Of all the progs it had to be this one!!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bmitie View Post
    This is a major problem, Strictly Come Dancing is a very important program but last night it recorded and has an embedded nar line that I cant turn off via the yellow button as the facility is not showing.

Is there anyway I can FTP into box and delete that particular piece of code or any other work round?

Of all the progs it had to be this one!!

Press audio button on the remote and then select another audio option.

On another BBC 1 recording I have the options of

MPEG1 layer narration
    and
    AC3

(This is a satellite recording)

Selecting the first option gives an overlaid narration
    Selecting the second option 'normal' audio (without narration)
    Last edited by adm; 29-10-23 at 14:24.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

bmitie (30-10-23)

Title
    Thanks

Cool

The thing is there was no option to deselecet it either via yellow button or audio button! Its a new feature and will be interesting next weekend!!

Here is the reason
    https://audioboom.com/posts/8387604-...io-description

I will use 2 boxes as I am in next w/e and will look at program as it starts on one box and just use autotimer as normal on the other and see what happens.

I got the full program via another route and all is good, this prog is viewed a few times and re wound etc

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Audio Description is not a new feature to recorded programmes. It may well be new to Strictly as it's a "live" programme, but you can select it by using the NAR track (narrative) instead of the main AC3 audio. Your recording should have both tracks available. I think you may have the NAR track selected by default and, up to recently, there may have been no audio description on Strictly.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    How would I know if the nar track was selected by default as it is never used? That's the thing I don't get the option to change tracks in the actual recording.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    The recording process records all audio tracks. It is in the playback process that you can select which one you want. If you are using a satellite/terrestrial receiver running Vix, you set your audio preferences in the video/audio setup menu. This holds good for live or recorded programmes. It's up to you whether to use the NAR track or not. It is present in the transmitted stream alongside the non-narrated audio track. See @adm's post #2 for an example.

I find that if I load an OpenATV image, the audio tracks default to NAR on some channels and I have to adjust my audio settings.
    Last edited by Joe_90; 30-10-23 at 18:41. Reason: example
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

bmitie (31-10-23)