Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: ZGemma H9 Twin in Israel

Title
    Thanks

ZGemma H9 Twin in Israel

Hi, I'm new to satellite use and was recently given an H9 Twin box by my son who had it connected to Sky UK.
    I live in an apartment building in Israel, having 38 apartments, where YES TV is the supplier with a common dish on the roof. I understand Yes uses Amos 3 & 7 satellites.

There's a telecoms cupboard outside the apartment where the main satellite cable comes in and out to the next floor (thick black cable) connecting to a 4 way splitter (4 apartments per floor). From there a thinner white cable goes into smaller oblong box and then the cable to my apartment connects to its other end.
    20231024_112310.jpg20231024_112229.jpg
    Is this small box the LNB or is this on the dish? On the label is typed Zinwell Sloping Type In-Line Amplifier 2 Way Passive, part no. SA-10DSA-R600-Y, above the output connector is typed 950-2150MHz, Injector Out.4-600MHz-1dBBoth pictures have uploaded sideways so the in and out cables in pic 1 are at the top and bottom of the square shaped splitter. The box to the right of the oblong box in picture 2 is an unrelated cable TV box.
    I 've connected the coax cable in the apartment to the box but I don't a signal on scanning for satellites.

I assume I'll have to download some firmware for the box?

Any help in getting this to work would be greatly appreciated.

TIA.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    maybe
    https://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Yes.html

Try

menu/setup/tuners and scanning/tuner setup
    Click on the tuner
    Then the satellite option
    Hit menu and you should see a list
    Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select 4W Amos 3/7
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

rebgershon (01-11-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply ADM.

I used the reset button to cleaar ny previous config. On STB startup I get a splash screen saying Wooshbuild Infinity but I haven't any idea what that means. On pressing menu on the remote screen has open ATV logo.

After changing the input port I got the programmes to download. I can see the EPG, shows signal strength for each programme along with details but when I press ok on the remote the screen goes blank. I assume I need some sort of decoder setting up?
    20231101_203842.jpg

Awaiting your reply,