Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Another Issue with Uni-Cable LNB

Title
    Thanks

Another Issue with Uni-Cable LNB

Trouble with Uni-cable setup

I have had my Gigablue UHD Quad 4k for almost nine months trouble free viewing, using a GT-SAT GT-S3DCSS24 uni-cable LNB. Then one night a couple of weeks ago it stopped working, no signal, after a few checks I decided to buy a new LNB.
    I now have the same Gigablue box with a new un-cable GT Sat GT-S2DCSS24 LNB, that I cannot get to work, my current LNB configuration is:

Configuration mode Advanced
    Satellite (6) 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
    LNB LNB 1
    Priority Auto
    Type of LNB SCR (Unicable / Jess)
    SCR (Uncial / Jess) type SCR (Uncial / Jess) LNB
    Model GT-S2dCSS24
    Manufacturer GT-SAT
    Channel User band(10)(1425) Note**** I have tried a few user bands nothing seems to work. Although I do pick up one or two ITV programs.

External Powered No.
    DiSeqC mode None
    Forced Legacy signal stats No.

Tuner B is not used, C,D,E,F,G and H are all set to FBC automatic.

When I use the legacy Universal outputs from the LNB I get a good signal and can receive all freesat channels.

Latest software flashed at the weekend, to make sure there are no bugs.

Any help will be most welcome.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    There are some models of that LNB geared for the Italian market. It uses different user band frequencies. Check the paper that came with it for the list of frequencies. There should be two entries in the list of that LNB, one has Italy in name, and should work. If not, use the Maclean Unicable II MCTV-785 selection for now.

Just saw on another forum that someone got one that was programmed to use 16 out of the 24 SCRs for the Italian market. It also uses different frequencies.
    scrs ="1210,1420,1680,2040,985,1050,1115,1275,1340,1 485 ,1550,1615,1745,1810,1875,1940"/>
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 26-09-23 at 09:39. Reason: add details of substitute details

Title
    Thanks
    The LNB is programmed with the German frequencies, or at least that is what it says on the label.

If I change the manufacturer's name from GT-SAT to Gigablue that automatically changes the LNB settings and I receive a good signal unfortunately the box behaves as though it has a universal LNB so I cannot use the virtual tuners.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CornishSteve View Post
    The LNB is programmed with the German frequencies, or at least that is what it says on the label.

If I change the manufacturer's name from GT-SAT to Gigablue that automatically changes the LNB settings and I receive a good signal unfortunately the box behaves as though it has a universal LNB so I cannot use the virtual tuners.
    So did you try the italian frequencies?

if that doesn,t work I would just get another non GT-SAT unicable lnb
    Last edited by twol; 01-10-23 at 18:43.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The label says programmed with German or Italian with the different frequencies on either side of the page (or two different sheets). When you changed one tuner config, did you then change all the other tuners? You have not said which image version you are using. Maybe the Italian frequencies are not in the image you are using. If that is the case, please try Maclean Unicable II MCTV-785

Here is the other thread
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...-changes-HELP-!

Title
    Thanks
    I did as suggested and bought another LNB, the setup was straightforward as described by the World of Satellite experts. All's well in my land once again. Thanks for the input I received.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Which one did you buy?
    Gigablue UHD UE4K (Openvix)
    80 cm 2 Universal LNBs (Hot Bird, Astra 19°) to DiSEqC then to Gigablue
    60 cm Sky Dish Quad LNB one cable direct to Sky HD+box, 2nd cable to DiSEqC then to Gigablue
    65 cm Dish (16°) to DiSEqC then to Gigblue
    Zgemma H7S (Openvix) Now used as a backup box
    Viark 4K Box