Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want To change image from OpenVix 6.2 to Openatv 7.2 Please advise ?

Title
    Thanks

Thumbs up Want To change image from OpenVix 6.2 to Openatv 7.2 Please advise ?

Good evening all hoping you can all help me out please ?

I last updated my Mutant HD51 4K in March this year but now have found for a long while that OpenVix no longer updates internally from version 6.2 if that's the right way of saying it apologies if I phrased that wrong.

I have been advised to use OpenATV 7.2 any ideas on that please and is it easy to do ?

To cover myself I would like to update if I can from Openvix 6.2 to latest safe working version ie Not Beta version into one partition and on another partition download OpenATV 7.2 version any step by step advice would be much appreciated

Many Thanks and all the best to you all
    Baioli70

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You cannot perform a "software update" from Vix 6.2 to Vix 6.4. You can "flash" 6.4 using the remote if you prefer. The process will make a settings backup (unless you changed the default), which you restore after the newest image reboots. Should take you less than 10 minutes and your box should be just as you had it configured.

As your receiver has hardware multiboot, you can flash ATV 7.2 into the other partition as you suggested. But you will have to setup ATV from scratch.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Baioli70 (18-09-23)

Title
    Thanks
    I forgot to mention I bought this box second-hand over a year ago and of the 4 partitions some have things in there already how do I delete un wanted partitions ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    just overwrite/flash the partition you want to use.No need to delete
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bellejt For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (29-09-23),bmitie (29-09-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    You cannot perform a "software update" from Vix 6.2 to Vix 6.4. You can "flash" 6.4 using the remote if you prefer. The process will make a settings backup (unless you changed the default), which you restore after the newest image reboots. Should take you less than 10 minutes and your box should be just as you had it configured.

As your receiver has hardware multiboot, you can flash ATV 7.2 into the other partition as you suggested. But you will have to setup ATV from scratch.

Thank you for your speedy reply is there anywhere on this great forum that gives me a step by step guide as I dont want to make any mistakes ?

Title
    Thanks
    See this thread:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post533834

The instructions on flashing using Image manager are posted there., but I will repeat for you

First:
    Download the image to your receiver's storage device
    Blue button > ViX > Image manager > Yellow (Downloads) > Select OpenViX > Select image version > Press OK
    You will see the download status

Second:
    Once downloaded, you should still be in Image manager and the latest image should be highlighted.
    Ensure you have the correct image selected then press the Blue button (Flash)
    The new image will flash and box will reboot when completed.
    In install wizard you can then restore settings and plugins from OpenViX 6.3 (and earlier) series images. This will restore most things to how you had them before.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Baioli70 (23-09-23),deltec (23-09-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Should I make back up first ?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baioli70 View Post
    I always regularly make a full backup of images so I can flash the backup if needed. With you having mulitiboot you can flash the backup image to another slot while resolving issues to new image if any exists
    Last edited by dsayers; 24-09-23 at 01:57.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

Baioli70 (25-09-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baioli70 View Post
    We have two types of backups:-

Settings backup - This will be made automatically for you when you flash using image manager, unless you changed the default. You can restore the settings after the new image reboots. Note: A settings backup can be made whenever you want. We defaulted it to on when flashing an image

Image backup - This is a complete copy of the image you have. You will have to manually create this if you want to. I don't see any benefit in doing this in your case. There is no harm either.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Baioli70 (25-09-23),deltec (24-09-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Update - So I did settings automatically when flashing to version 6.400007 I think latest one all went well then box rebooted asked to use back settings which I did all worked like before but then after 10 mins crashed crash log etc so tried flashing back to older 6.2 image and all went well but unlike before when I tried flashing image 6.3 and again crashed with crash logs would go back to version 6.2 and would work fine without crashing this time went back to version 6.2 and it crashed again what have i doe wrong if so and and if not is there a way of fixing this please

Title
    Thanks
    You are probably restoring something that is causing the crash. Best to upload the crash log, make sure no WiFi passwords or IPTV details are present.

The next option is to flash image again, do not restore settings /plugins. Manually install one thing at a time to establish the cause of the crash.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Baioli70 (29-09-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Good day to you thanks for your speedy reply
    excuse my ignorance but how do I do this (You are probably restoring something that is causing the crash. Best to upload the crash log, make sure no WiFi passwords or IPTV details are present.)
    Many Thanks
    Baioli70

Title
    Thanks
    I can see you are not totally familiar with that box and it shows. You have what is called a multiboot box which means it has 4 partitions and you can have a different image on each slot. From the above it would appear you had openvix 6.2 and when version changed to 6.3 you would have needed to flash that over the existing BUT if version 6.2 worked why bother. You have now created a problem and its not disappearing.

Your best bet is to use what is called the recovery tool image, its EMMC and that will erase everything on the box, delete all partitions and its like starting from new. You have to know how to select correct language, NB you do not restore anything even if you get a prompt to do so, so do as prompts onscreen show, set hdmi, set resolution, configure tuners, set abm, scan for channels, then set epg. If you have a motorised dish you then download settings suitable for motorised, like morpheus or Hanninbal. Set USALS and away you go.

If after all that the box crashes you can assume correctly box is knackered.

Or you can flash Openatv 7.3 to another slot, it will erase what is already on thet slot or partition so go menu vix, image manager, yellow button to download select openatv , select 7.3, it will downlaod to box, then press blue to flash, select a slot and then do as above DONT restore anything. If that fails = box ect

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bellejt View Post
    just overwrite/flash the partition you want to use.No need to delete
    To be honest I have seen people on various forum having problems sometimes just as you would normally just flash new image onto existing partition and it can fail.
    and just a case of going into multiboot and deleating that image does work.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to urie For This Useful Post:

Baioli70 (30-09-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Good Evening Thanks for your post

I have flashed new image as you said and all seems okay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast