Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Image Download Fails

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
6.4.006 (has happenened on all builds that I can remember)
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Image Download Fails

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goo View Post
    OK.

Probably unrelated, but I cannot play large high bitrate 4K 24hz videos copied onto the Quad4K (they play ok on the Zgemma H7).
    Handbraked to lower bitrates they play ok.

This may be down to differences in the manufacturer's drivers, but noticed that Zgemma has a 268Mb "Manufacturer Enabled Swap Eabled at Startup" compared to the 553Mb on the Quad4k.
    Both have 1GB ram.
    There is a "Disable Autostart" option for this swapfile, but it immediately re-enables itself on both boxes.
    If this is meant to happen, why is this option available?
    Probably down to drivers.
    disable swap…. Was changed because user wanted to use separate (user defined) swap, so code changed to allow that. Would need to look at code, but if only 1 swap(manufacturer) then I probably just took that as required.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    There is a "Disable Autostart" option for this swapfile, but it immediately re-enables itself on both boxes.
    If this is meant to happen, why is this option available?
    Are you sure that is what happens.
    Disabling autostart is not the same as switching it off now (which is what the Deactivate option does).
    When I Disable Autostart that option text changes to Enable Autostart.

The option is there in case you want to change the setting. Having a swap file does no harm (does nothing, really) if you don't need it, but might save the system from crashing if you do
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, the tick in the autostart box disappears then reappears immediately on both boxes (both running latest openvix) when you press the yellow remote button.
    They are both "Manufacturer Enabled Swap Enabled at Startup".
    There is no "Deactivate" option.

swapfile.jpg

I just thought the different swapfile sizes might have been affecting the memery available for larger video files.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Ah. You have a system with "manufacturer defined swap". As I recall, that means it gets turned back on even if you switch of off.

It's "only" file space (not memory) and corresponds to a few minutes of video in terms of storage space.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Flashed free slot with 6.4.010 and was able to download all 4 latest e2 images one after the other without having to restart gui.
    After settig up uni-cable lnb, re-scanning channels and re-installing plugins and settings (all by hand, not from settings file), I tried again. The second download stuck at 0% and I had to restart the gui.

Title
    Thanks
    Flashed free slot with 6.4.010 and was able to download all 4 latest e2 images one after the other without having to restart gui.
    After settig up uni-cable lnb, re-scanning channels and re-installing plugins and settings (all by hand, not from settings file), I tried again. The second download stuck at 0% and I had to restart the gui.
    can I have debug log from that failure.......... in future (if not enabled) ensure you have debug logs defined and post here.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Thanks
    Just to note, I experienced this today on my gbue4k.
    To diagnose the refresh rate issue (another thread) I downloaded 6.4.010, intending to clean flash to another multiboot slot for testing. I thought I may as well download 6.4.009 as well so that I could revert to that to fix the other issue if needed. But it got stuck waiting. I couldn't back out, I turned the power off to get out of it.

Title
    Thanks
    Just to add- I also changed skin to magic (less harsh on OLED), but even when Ichanged it back to default skin it failed after first or second consecutive download.
    These are the plugins and tuner settings.
    plugins.jpgtuners.jpgtuner A.jpg

Here are the latest debug logs, one before and one after it failed to download a second image (stuck at 0/100).
    Enigma2_debug_2023-12-14_17-38-38.logEnigma2_debug_2023-12-14_18-02-17.log

Title
    Thanks
    Just to add- I also changed skin to magic (less harsh on OLED), but even when Ichanged it back to default skin it failed after first or second consecutive download.
    These are the plugins and tuner settings.
    plugins.jpgtuners.jpgtuner A.jpg

Here are the latest debug logs, one before and one after it failed to download a second image (stuck at 0/100).
    Enigma2_debug_2023-12-14_17-38-38.logEnigma2_debug_2023-12-14_18-02-17.log
    Thanks, need to think about this
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn2 View Post
    Just to note, I experienced this today on my gbue4k.
    To diagnose the refresh rate issue (another thread) I downloaded 6.4.010, intending to clean flash to another multiboot slot for testing. I thought I may as well download 6.4.009 as well so that I could revert to that to fix the other issue if needed. But it got stuck waiting. I couldn't back out, I turned the power off to get out of it.
    Again would love to see logs…. this is a tricky issue and apparently (so far) on gb boxes( which is where I see it, no where else)… I need your log to see if you have same issue as goo or something else….the issue is in same area, just shows differently
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12