Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Channel numbers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Channel numbers

New to the box and there's a fairly basic problem with channel numbers. We're used to entering 101 for BBC One HD and 200 for BBC News HD, for example, but the box is looking for four-digit channel numbers - 8135 and 8142 in my examples.

Is it possible to use the three-digit channel numbering?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    MENU > SETUP > USER INTERFACE > CHANNEL SELECTION

I think its near the end of the list.
    Willo
    #######################
    AX HD61 4K UHD Twin (test box)
    Vu+ Uno 4K SE
    Edision OS Mio 4K
    Zgemma H9 Twin
    Vu+ Zero 4K
    Vu+ Uno 4K
    GT-Sat GT-S3DCSS24 Unicable II LNB
    GT-Sat GT-dLNB1-DY Unicable II LNB
    #######################

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    afaik there is no fixed channel numbering in OpenViX. There is a timeout. If you enter only 3 digits and wait for 1-2 seconds the channel will switched. I never use 3 digits because I use my own favorite list with only around 50 channels.

In the gui settings you can configure number of digits and timeout.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    I find it easier to have them into group names: News, Films, German etc. Why try to complicate it with numbers.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    I find it easier to have them into group names: News, Films, German etc. Why try to complicate it with numbers.
    It's not complicated with numbers when your TV and previous recorders have all used the standard 101 for BBC One HD, for example, for many years.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Set your channel selection menu to use "Alternate Numbering" and you will get 101 for BBC1, 102 for BBC2, 103 for ITV etc.Freesat-Saorview_page2.jpgchannel_numbering_mode.jpg
    Last edited by Joe_90; 15-09-23 at 00:23. Reason: Channel numbers
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Channel numbering is dynamic on Enigma2, it depends on the order that the channels were loaded.

If you are using AutoBouquetsMaker to create your bouquets, best you describe the options you have used. Or better still, upload the debug log.

The numbers are also dependent on the mode you are viewing the channels in. On Vix, pressing the TV button will show your bouquets. Some people don't create bouquets and just scan and end up in the last scanned bouquet.

Do you have IPTV? Have you enabled unlinked bouquets?

Alternate numbering makes every bouquet start at 1. It may or may not resolve the issue.

Title
    Thanks
    See my post #6 - I forgot to say that I use ABM for my bouquets - London SD for SKY and Freesat. Both my bouquets start at 101, rather than 1 as @abu has mentioned (and also mentioned in the help text when you select alternate numbering). I'm not entirely sure why mine start at 101, but they always do
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    They start at 101 because ABM uses counted, invisible spacers to achieve this in the first bouquet for each provider that has such numbering. I presume you are not creating/using the other bouquets of each provider. If you were to do so, with alternate numbers, all the other bouquets will start at 1.

Title
    Thanks
    Not sure I'm quite understanding @abu. On my AX61 receiver I have three separate ABM bouquets - one for my local Saorview terrestrial bouquet which starts at 1 (the LCNs start at 1 in any case), then one for Sky London SD (starts at 101) and a third for Freesat (starts at 101 also). No user bouquets created on that receiver. In my example screenshot in post #6, it actually comes from a custommix ABM bouquet which combines Saorview and Freesat. But my AX61 uses separate ABM bouquets.

Title
    Thanks
    The spaces are hidden, you'll only be able to see them in a channel editor.

The OP just needs to set up AutoBouquetMaker which will then create a bouquet (channel list) with the numbering format they are used to.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to slacker17 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (15-09-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    afaik there is no fixed channel numbering in OpenViX. There is a timeout. If you enter only 3 digits and wait for 1-2 seconds the channel will switched.
    Or just press OK when you've entered all you need.
    I have Freeview with 1, 2 and 3 digit channels.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD