Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: SF8008 turing off after 6.4 update.

Title
    Thanks

Question SF8008 turing off after 6.4 update.

After updating my SF8008 to openvix 6.4, (currently on 6.4.04), my box has started having an ongoing issue where it fully turns itself off, usually overnight every night or two, and the only way to restart the box is by turning the power switch off and on on the back of the box as it does not respond to the remote control.

I stream the box to my an android tv via openwebif, so pre-6.4 the box usually sat in standby while channels were streamed over our LAN. The only time the box is ever fully on is when I check for a software update every couple of months. But aside from that it used to happy sit in standby streaming over openwebif.

Is there a setting I'm missing which is causing this? I'm thinking it's an openvix issue as I have the same issue with an AX HD-61 on 6.4.04 which does the same thing, though less frequently, it fully turns itself off every 5 -7 days. For the life of me I can't find anything in the settings that is related to shutting down the box after x amount of hours or days.

Hope someone can help because this is driving me nuts.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    switch on debug logs and look into them after it switched of again. Maybe you need to set the config to expert mode first. One possibility is a power off timer perhaps you created one.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

EckyH (22-08-23),hollyt (22-08-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Both boxes are in expert mode and neither have any power timers.
    I have enabled the debug log and will look and see if there are any error next time it happens.

I forgot to add, I also did a full factory reset with a fresh 6.4.04 software update on the SF8008 box and it has made no difference.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    check CEC it can also cause trouble if not all devices behave as they should.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard