Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 meter motorised gibertini dish

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    How do I do that could explain

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,959 Times in 3,277 Posts
    Well to save me wasting time please explain exactly what you have done so far. Have you mounted the dish? How has that been done? Have you aligned it and got it tracking the arc? Have you attached the actuator to the polar mount? Have you set the hardware limits in the actuator? Have you run the 4 core cable to the vbox? Please be specific.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

deltec (09-08-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes done all the obove

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    So please be specific. What have you done? Describe everything. How did you get the dish on the arc and align it?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I got a satllite engineer installer to fit the dish and to set it up on the arc he used a spectrum analyzer
    Last edited by deltec; 09-08-23 at 16:21.

Title
    Thanks
    Sometimes it helps to post good, clear pictures of the dish, lnb and actuator. Post pictures of the whole dish system.

On the other hand, if the dish is installed correctly and receives the satellites you want to watch with a decent signal, then save the diseqc 1.2 position for each satellite in the receiver and you are done!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to el bandido For This Useful Post:

deltec (10-08-23)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deltec View Post
    I got a satllite engineer installer to fit the dish and to set it up on the arc he used a spectrum analyzer
    So why didn't he set up the vbox? After all it is an integral part of the system.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

deltec (10-08-23)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    So I am guessing you have no switch inline...

Go in tuner config of the tuner that is connected to the dish. You have to set up every satellite independently.

LNB = 1
    DiSEqC = 1.2
    USALS = No
    Stored position = corresponds with the stored position used by the vbox for that satellite.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

deltec (10-08-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    So what do u mean no switch inline it speaking in ridles

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deltec View Post
    I ment setting up the vbox to the vu ultimo
    I set mine up on the ground first with vee box and receiver on a table outside with a TV. I just put the USALS in Advance on 0.8 w. send it that position and adjust Dish on that position. I then sent it to 28.2 after programming in advance.
    And in positioner adjusted to the best signal and gave it a number 0f 04 . I then reset the number of vee box and called it Astra1. Just add the sats you want in advance. I sent the Sat to 0.8 and gave that a name in the vee box and made a note of the number. I then sent it back to 28.2 on the receiver. I then installed the dish in the air on that sat.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Alec For This Useful Post:

deltec (14-08-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    I set mine up on the ground first with vee box and receiver on a table outside with a TV. I just put the USALS in Advance on 0.8 w. send it that position and adjust Dish on that position. I then sent it to 28.2 after programming in advance.
    And in positioner adjusted to the best signal and gave it a number 0f 04 . I then reset the number of vee box and called it Astra1. Just add the sats you want in advance. I sent the Sat to 0.8 and gave that a name in the vee box and made a note of the number. I then sent it back to 28.2 on the receiver. I then installed the dish in the air on that sat.
    How EXACTLY did you use USALS on a vbox or a pr1200 positioner? These positioners are only Diseqc 1.2 capable and Not USALS capable.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    How EXACTLY did you use USALS on a vbox or a pr1200 positioner? These positioners are only Diseqc 1.2 capable and Not USALS capable.
    I can't explain in detail because it was when 0.08 west had filmnet many years ago. According to my paper work, I did have it on 1.2 Diseqc, but no USALS. With decent equipment, one should be able to find 0.08 west, it is virtually south, and 28.2 should not be a problem when using the Vee box to turn it to that position. My jack had to be set at 0.08w nearly all in. In fact, I just put Zgemma H7S on this system, because it would not drive Technomate TM-2600 super with twin LNB motor system. These boxes are excellent for the price, but are weak on turning motors.
    And the Diseqc mode is on 1.2 with no USALS. And stored positions.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Alec For This Useful Post:

deltec (14-08-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I just eating for the satllite engineer to come then all will be up and running

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12