Hello all,

I'm new to this forum - and indeed new to my VU+ Uni 4K SE, which I've only had for around 2 weeks.

I'm hoping that someone can answer my query, as TBH, despite the sophistication of this box, I'm pretty disappointed that it doen't do something which I feel is fundamental and basic, without which I may decide to dispose of my new Vu+ on Ebay or somewhere else.

I've experience of scanning specific transponders, even starting again after deleting all channels, across 3 different satellites using 2 dishes connected to 2 tuners on my old Humax receiver. So I'm reasonably confident and knowledgable in adding new transponders when I find one on Lyngsat or other such sites. TBH I'm not interested in using autobouquet or building my own bouquet because 1) I'm not a programmer/developer and I thought I'd bought a receiver able operate with everything I needed 'out of the box' and 2) from what I gather, autiobouquets will simply bring down a pre-set range of channels,which miight not be all the channels I want.

By way of background, I had to upgrade to the Vu+ as RAI channels need a CAM and decoder card, which were both incompatible with my 16 yr old but trusty Humax. The VU+ came with TivuSat channels pre-set by the supplier, but I envisage scanning particular trasponders for Spanish, English and French channels on Astra 19.2 and finally I plan to scan all trasponders on Astra 28.3 for my UK channels. Last week I test scanned a couple of frequencies on Hotbird for channels not found in the Tivusat range. Apart from the handfull I wanted, I intended to delete various Polish, Russian and Arabic channels (as well as a fair number of X rated ones) which were on the same transponders, but I couldn't find a delete channel option! I've read 3 sets of manuals...been through the forum.

I'm hoping 'delete' is located in a hidden menu, or can be found with a particular combination of keystrokes. Otherwise, whilst 30-odd unwanted channels might not be a problem after my initial test-scans of a dozen transponders, when it gets to scanning Astra 28.3 I could be left with hundreds of unwanted channels. (Regularly after a full rescan of all 3 satellites I'd have nearly 1,000 channels on my Humax, many of which I used to delete). As another poster noted on the same subject, I also like to keep a tidy system.

As well as a delete option, the Vu seems to be short of 'add a new transponder' and 'edit an existing one', as I could on my Humax. This is because I know of at least one channel set up by the supplier no doubt using an autobouquet for TiVusat, which according to Lyngsat has the wrong standard and modulation - and I can't see how I can scan with the correct settings.

A final word - I'm probably out of my depth with the VU+ I know, although I was network admin some 11 years ago - but it seems to me that to do anything simple on the Vu+ is like taking on the admin of the Large Hadron Collider! Here's hoping you can prove me wrong!

Regards janpiero.