Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zgemma H7S 4K UHD

Title
    Thanks

Zgemma H7S 4K UHD

Zgemma H7S 4K UHD 2x DVB-S2X + 1x DVB-C/T2

Hi, I'm thinking of changing a VU+ Duo2 with 2 sat tuners, that drives a 1-metre dish by a Vee box.
    What are sizes for this box, especially when the HD is sticking out at the back? And are there any serious issues with it.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    The HDD is 2.5" internal. Not sure what you mean about sticking out the back.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    It said that the HD in the Zgemma H7S 4K UHD 2x DVB-S2X + 1x DVB-C/T2 is at the back sticking out.

Zgemma H7S 4K UH VERSION V2 WITH REAR HDD SLOT
    Last edited by Alec; 26-07-23 at 18:03.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Many users have the first addition with internal hdd , later ones have rear entry.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Zgemma H7S 4K UHD 2x DVB-S2X + 1x DVB-C/T2

Hi, I'm thinking of changing a VU+ Duo2 with 2 sat tuners, that drives a 1-metre dish by a Vee box.
    What are sizes for this box, especially when the HD is sticking out at the back? And are there any serious issues with it.
    Why would there be any issues just because new model has hd accessible, just slot drive in initialise it and all done.
    rather than opening up unit messing about with cables and even messing up warranty if done wrong.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by urie View Post
    Why would there be any issues just because new model has hd accessible, just slot drive in initialise it and all done.
    rather than opening up unit messing about with cables and even messing up warranty if done wrong.
    In my long experience, box's have had some issues, and I am not talking about the HD sticking out at the back, but I am amazed that no one puts the measurements of this box, because something sticking out will obviously add to the space needed.
    Although I have at last from another source found the sizes. I would have preferred the HD fully inside the box, because it is usually pretty straight forward to install it.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    A hard drive sticking out maybe a centimeter at the back wont make any difference as there are other cables such as HDMI and antenna cables to be connected and they wont be flat against the back of the box. The H7S doesnt have any known issues - I've been running one for nearly 3 years.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    A hard drive sticking out maybe a centimeter at the back wont make any difference as there are other cables such as HDMI and antenna cables to be connected and they wont be flat against the back of the box. The H7S doesnt have any known issues - I've been running one for nearly 3 years.
    So your box never locked up and had to be powered off at rear as time clock stopped?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    So your box never locked up and had to be powered off at rear as time clock stopped?
    Do the boxes have a real time clock? I was under the impression that the time was from the transponder or internet.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Some do, some don't. Either way ntp corrects the clock on boot before enigma starts if a network connection is available.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    My box on standby shows a clock and is hard wired and just using Saorview at the moment.

I thought when i was on a sat channel it showed channel number as Saorview only shows the time on front panel.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    My box on standby shows a clock and is hard wired and just using Saorview at the moment.

I thought when i was on a sat channel it showed channel number as Saorview only shows the time on front panel.
    Is that related to this thread? It should show the same info for satellite and terrestrial.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

cactikid (28-07-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Is that related to this thread? It should show the same info for satellite and terrestrial.
    Yes i thought it was related to issues on H7S , when i said time clock stopped , i should have said frozen and non responsive to remote.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Yes i thought it was related to issues on H7S , when i said time clock stopped , i should have said frozen and non responsive to remote.
    Sounds like a memory leak. You should look what plugins, etc, you have loaded.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

cactikid (29-07-23)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Sounds like a memory leak. You should look what plugins, etc, you have loaded.
    plugins.jpg

This is whats on box
    Dam i forgot about user installed ones that need to be removed.

Cant add 2nd screenshot
    Epg translator
    Softcam Oscam latest
    Vhannibal quad settings
    removed now.
    Last edited by cactikid; 29-07-23 at 19:49.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast