Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LNB signal issue

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Simple, single, 28.2 as you described is correct for the tuner connected to universal output of dish pointing to 28.2. Might be better for you to also post your screenshot so someone can double check.
    For the Terrestrial one, set it to UK all regions. That is good enough for most people.

Manual scan gives you more control of what you scan instead of automatic. You can even go through the transponders one by one. Can also do that with Signal finder.

Surely it is is easier to recheck the Gigablue instead of going up into loft? When fault finding, you generally start with the last thing that changed. On another forum, somebody went through all the elimination stages, it turned out that the f-plug had worked loose when they swapped receivers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Went to loft space, out to the dish, belled cable back to room and no breaks. I've a really old octagon going to another room from same dish, different legacy connection that's working. I gave my gigablue away cause didn't think I'd need it. Think I'll try that on the other point.
    Does anyone have a zgemma h7s working from Sky legacy connection. Least I know the lnb is suitable.

Title
    Thanks
    The universal LNB ports on the Hybrid LNBs are compatible with all Enigma2 receivers. They are just a universal LNB output, please accept this. You don't need someone with the exact same receiver to confirm this. Your Octagon is working off the Legacy ports.

It is possible that an output from the LNB is faulty. Some LNBs have a weird fault, when two tuners are connected to it, they fail on one device. Testing your Zgemma where the Octagon is is a good test. And also testing the Octagon where you are trying to use the Zgemma.

Title
    Thanks
    Doing the swap up and yes box is picking up channels. Looks like faulty sky lnb output somewhere. At least the box is working 😂. New lnb should fix it, any one better than the others etc or are they all the same. 2 for sky q and 2 for fta sat boxes. Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    It is a process of elimination. If F-plugs are fine (some people remove and refit to be sure), there is no cable damage, then LNB is likely culprit. Some people would swap ports over on the LNB to rule out the cable (don't use the wideband port).

Do you have only one wire coming to where the Zgemma is going to be? A shotgun cable counts as two.

Title
    Thanks
    I'd say lnb is faulty because full scan gave me random channels. Only 47 appeared but none obvious bbc etc. Completely oddball. I'll change ports tomorrow but I'd say it's the lnb.

Title
    Thanks
    Only 1 feed into zgemma.

Title
    Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bph View Post
    I'd say lnb is faulty because full scan gave me random channels. Only 47 appeared but none obvious bbc etc. Completely oddball. I'll change ports tomorrow but I'd say it's the lnb.
    Or a faulty cable/connection. The box sends control signals up the cable and if one or more of these control signals is not reaching the LBN correctly then you will not get the channels on some transponders.

On the f plug that attaches to your box is the centre pin still straight and sticking out of the end of the plug by maybe 1mm? Is the cable screen/braiding making contact with the outer metal shell of the F connector? Are you sure that you are fully screwing in the f connector to your box. Hand screw it it until tight and then put a pair of pliers on the f connector and gently check that you cannot turn it by more than, say, quarter of a turn.

Is the cable direct from the LNB to your box or does it first go to a face plate?
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12