Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LNB signal issue

Title
    Thanks

LNB signal issue

Not sure if I can continue on in this discussion. I've a lnb query. My old gigablue box worked on the lnb connection I'm using. Now the zgemma isn't picking up channels. It's direct feed to sky hybrid lnb, model EL02B. Does the zgemma need to power the lnb. There's 4 outputs on the lnb, 2 for sky q, one more is for another tv which I can pick up channel 4 & ITV through old receiver Not sure what the issue is. Maybe disconnect the old receiver, maybe 3 feeds is enough. Don't know. Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    That lnb will own power a skq box from the 2 wideband outputs, so no good for zgemma. Just change the lnb for a quad and you will have 4 or if you fancy a challenge get a unicable lnb. You can get a hybrid with 6 outputs 2 for sky q and 4 for old ie zgemma.

That quad is about £12.00

Title
    Thanks
    Ah, I assumed the hybrid sky lnb would work cause it worked on my gigablue. Can you send on link of what to get. Keeping in mind I want to keep sky q etc.
    Would getting an ordinary lnb and double lnb bracket, would that work also.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The LNB should still work. However, make sure you only configure/set the tuner with the signal wire.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bph View Post
    Ah, I assumed the hybrid sky lnb would work cause it worked on my gigablue. Can you send on link of what to get. Keeping in mind I want to keep sky q etc.
    Would getting an ordinary lnb and double lnb bracket, would that work also.
    A sky hybrid usually means two wideband outputs for sky Q and two or more legacy outputs.

Enigma boxes do not support the two sky Q outputs but if you have additional legacy outputs those outputs are the same as those from a universal LNB and possibly what is connected to your Gigablue.

As far I'm aware only Sky boxes and a single Freesat box support Sky Q. The technology for Sky Q is basically unique to Sky in the UK (and supported also by 1 Freesat box).

You can get Hybrid Sky Q LNBs with more than two legacy outputs

Example
    https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...=sky%20q%20lnb

As a test feed the LNB down leads that go into your Gigablue into your Zgemma. You should be able to set up the lnb and get the channels using the same/similar setting you use on your Gigablue.

Are you still keeping your Sky Q box(es)?
    Last edited by adm; 05-07-23 at 11:36.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (05-07-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Yes keeping sky q. It's basic package but the missus likes it for recording etc. This box is for me. The Zgemma is wired to same cable I had for Gigablue, thus me thining this will also work. If I've to get another lnb then that probably is the answer. That was my first thought but I remember watching world cup on the gigablue.

Title
    Thanks
    I forgot to mention, double check that the f-plug did not unscrew from the cable/wire when you removed it from the Gigablue.

As I understand it, the receiver has two satellite tuners. You only have one signal wire. If you configured both tuners, this will cause issues when it tries to use the tuner with no wire.

Title
    Thanks
    Cable looks good. It has 3 tuners. 2 Satellite and 1 terrestrial. Terrestrial working.
    Set up as this.
    Tuner A.
    Simple,
    Single.
    28.3e.
    No
    No
    Tuner B.
    Disabled.
    Tuner C Terrestrial .
    Working.

Title
    Thanks
    Try swapping which tuner the signal wire is connected to, just in case mixup between A/B. If that does not work, put the Zgemma into deep standby, then unplug it. Use that same signal wire on the Gigablue and check the Gigablue is working still

Title
    Thanks
    I swapped cables in the tuner outlets just in case top was B and bottom was A. Same result. No channels coming through.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes keeping sky q. It's basic package but the missus likes it for recording etc. This box is for me. The Zgemma is wired to same cable I had for Gigablue, thus me thining this will also work. If I've to get another lnb then that probably is the answer. That was my first thought but I remember watching world cup on the gigablue.
    If the cables worked with the Gigablue the same cables should work with the Zgemma.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    You'd think that. Dunno what's going wrong.

Title
    Thanks
    That lnb thats linked is perfect, gives you 2 for Sky Q and then 4 legacy, 2 to zgemma, one to gigablue and one to TV and its a good price with sky dish adapter. Make sure you have a HDD or USB for epp in zgemma or you will get problems. The default for epg is internal flash so change that pronto.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You'd think that. Dunno what's going wrong.
    Are you configuring the scan using Autobouquetmaker?
    menu->setup ->tuners and scanning -> Autobouquetmaker -> Providers -> Freesat UK = yes
    set some of the other menu items under Freesat to your region and say yes to create a main bouquet
    Press green to save

Then still in the Autobouquetmaker section
    Start Scan

Does the box then go away (possibly with the spinning VIX symbol in the corner) and show the number of channels found on Freesat at the top of the screen? This may take a minute or two to finish.

Depending how you use you box it may help if you configure
    menu-> setup-> EGP -> Grid EPG -> show Bouquets on launch = yes.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, I'm just doing basic scan under automatic scan. I'm going check the cable in attic tomorrow and bell cable to make sure it's not damaged. Can't think of anything else.
    If anyone ie using 2 of of 3 tuners (S & T) , can you send picture of setting. I think mine is correct but no harm in checking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast